1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC Condenser Install

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by LTech221, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    LTech221

LTech221 [OP] Lurker

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Outback
    Traded the taco :(
    Hello,

1st post and long time lurker here :), My AC doesn't work, light comes on, compressor doesn't and my ac condenser seems to have been hit by a rock or something and that caused it to leak refridgerant all over. Got it pressure tested and there was no pressure throughout my AC system. So I'm just wondering how hard is it to replace? I have a 3rd party one that I bought and it doesn't look like theirs too much to hookup, 2 hoses/lines and the mounting bracket? Do I need to replace anything like O rings? Id rather install it myself if its easy enough.

Thanks for any info.

2. May 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM
    PICKSTACOMA

PICKSTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Penhook, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 dbl cab lb 4.0
    ARE MX Truck Cap, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake, Weather Tech( Digital Floor Mats,Bug And Side Window Deflectors), Scangauge II, Clearvision Solux Headlight/Foglight Bulbs, Redline Hood Struts, FJ Cruiser Foglight Switch, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, Rain X Latitude Wipers, Brighter Back Up Lights, Dome/Map LED's, Cup Holder LED's, Engine Bay Lights, Foglights On Anytime, Leather Seats With Front Heating Pads OME Lift With DAKAR Springs And LR UCA's, Rear Diff Breather Mod, A/C Drain Mod, Husky Mud Flaps, ECGS Bushing Kit
    MArk

Did you replace your condenser or have it done at a shop? I'm about to do the replacement myself, wondering if you have to remove the radiator first as it states in the repair manual or is there a easier way to remove it? Thanks for any input.

3. May 18, 2014 at 3:28 AM
    LTech221

LTech221 [OP] Lurker

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Outback
    Traded the taco :(
    I had it done at a shop for about $75

Products Discussed in