1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 prong plug

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by bowhunter, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Apr 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM
    bowhunter

bowhunter [OP] New Member

Member:
    Inverary On
    Vehicle:
    instructor
    Toyota Racing Development
    New to this forum. Just bought a 08 Tacoma TRD 4x4-- and luv it. Getting the best in my latest tank of fuel too. Hope to get 500 km (might be pushing it, maybe only 450ish) but who cares, pleasure to drive. I too have noticed the notchy shifting..actually the engine races a little without touching the accelerator?? when clutching but i have been told it will break in nicely, that this is the norm on a spanking new Toy..will see, I think its getting better 7500 now on truck, 492,500 to go
    my Q now,

I want to install a standard 4 prong plug (to legally pull my fishin rig) without taking it back to the dealer for installation. Is there a plug that I can plug into and feed the remainder of the assembly to the rear of the truck??

Thanks
    RAK

2. Apr 21, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Welcome to TW. Your truck sounds nice!

3. Apr 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    You didn't ask about a receiver, does that mean you intend to just bolt a ball to the bumper, or does that mean that you have a factory installed towing package, and are just looking for the adapter to go from 7-round to 4-flat?

If you have a non tow-package equipped truck then the information you are looking for is covered here:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4031-tacoma-towing-bible.html#post35027 Be sure to scroll down to the part numbers for the gen 2 trucks as both body styles are covered in that post.

If you have a tow package equipped truck and are just looking for the 7-round to 4-flat adapter, you can get that here.

http://trdparts4u.com/PD-PT791-89040.aspx?MakeID=1

Everything else you needed to know about towing. (sorry shameless plug for my masterpiece)

4. Apr 22, 2008 at 6:05 AM
    bowhunter

bowhunter [OP] New Member

Member:
    Inverary On
    Vehicle:
    instructor
    Toyota Racing Development
    Thanks Maverick, go flames

Products Discussed in

To Top