Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

rattle from airbox on cold starts?

Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
2_wheels is on a distinguished road
2_wheels's Tacoma Gallery
rattle from airbox on cold starts?

Im getting a funky rattle when my 06 tacoma is cold. it sounds like the air intake that mounts to the fender. Any one with this problem? if thats the case, then have you tried to stuff anything in the opening or do trim work?
Thanks!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
take it to the dealer.....there is a tsb for it.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Thanks! umm whats a TSB? toyota sorta broken?
I'll go have it checked out tomorrow and see if it fits the TSB! Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #4
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
Technical Service Bulletin
Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
its the intake tube rattling against the inside of the fender, if you didnt already figure it out. i had mine done. the TSB gives you a new, slightly more flexible intake tube with some foam btw the fender and intake tube if you wondered what was involved.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Thanks for the info. I'm taking it in asap!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone fixed this on their own?

My truck is out of warranty and the intake rattles. I have removed the intake, reinstalled it. Rattling went away for a few weeks, now its back.

Maybe someone can post a picture of what the intake looks like after the TSB.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
Anyone fixed this on their own?

My truck is out of warrenty and the intake rattles. I have removed the intake, reinstalled it. Rattling went away for a few weeks, now its back.

Maybe someone can post a picture of what the intake looks like after the TSB.
Looks just like it did before the TSB. The only difference was the more flexible tube and a bit of foam between the tube and fender. Wouldnt know the difference if you didnt know better. I'd consider selling you my upgraded tube since I'm running a CAI now, but not sure if I'll ever want to put it back to stock in which case i'd need it.