1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Huge Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Pope953, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 [OP] That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Ok, so awhile back my door fouled up!!! And its something to do with the locking mechanism. I strolled up to my truck put the key in the door and tried to unlock it, well it didn't unlock. I went to the passanger side and that side unlocked, I crawled to the other side and the lock would not budge. So somehow the rod came unattached from the bottom, and I got the panel off, then the door open, then reattached the rod. Well got it looked at and the pro told me that the spring was broken, and that i'd have to order a new one, or go to the junk yard and find another that would work. He called Toyota to price the part, and then he called me back with bad news, Toyota says they do not make the part anymore!!!! :frusty: Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions???? Will a truck thats a 93 fit mine if its not power and mine is?? Will a new one fit an old one if it looks the same on the door panel??? Help PLEASE :(

2. Mar 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Just find a spring that is very similar to the spring that broke. A spring is a spring. I don't power and non-power matter.

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Google it and see what you get.....:confused:

4. Mar 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    Pope953

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    I've been to junkyards to look for similar ones, but it was a rainy cold day and I didn't get to stay long, so im not sure what will fit!!!! It sucks!! I've googled some parts, and its very confusing!

5. Mar 12, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    get a part number and google that...maybe it will help narrow down alot of stuff...

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    Pope953

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    Well I almost have it all figured out. Although the part I need is discontinued!!!:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top