Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Help!!! Flashing red 4X4 indicator light

Old 03-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Semperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Recon Batt.
Semperfi's Tacoma Gallery
Help!!! Flashing red 4X4 indicator light

Below the green 4X4 indicator light I have a red flashing 4X4 indicator light.
It is flashing red when the green one above it is in 4X4 or not in 4X4. Nothing in the book about it and dealer just says bring it in. 300 miles round trip coming up unless some of you wizz kids can figure it out. It is snowing sideways right how and I use 4X4 all the time.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Red is locker. Do you have the offroad package? It looks like you do so just push the button to turn it off. Left side next to the fog lamp switch.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Semperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud ofSemperfi has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Recon Batt.
Semperfi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Red is locker. Do you have the offroad package? It looks like you do so just push the button to turn it off. Left side next to the fog lamp switch.
You just saved me a 300 mile round trip to the dealer, That was it. I must have hit the locker button by mistake. How come you are smarter then the dealer???
Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi View Post
You just saved me a 300 mile round trip to the dealer, That was it. I must have hit the locker button by mistake. How come you are smarter then the dealer???
Thanks
The dealer just wants to sell but they don't take the time to learn about the products they are selling. Also I have pretty much the same truck as you do just in MGM.

FYI- Locker only works in 4wd low.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
debker is on a distinguished road
debker's Tacoma Gallery
Flashing Red 4x4 icon

I did exactly the same thing, was turning on the driving lights and hit the diff lock button by accident. Thanks for posting this.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The dealer just wants to sell but they don't take the time to learn about the products they are selling. ....
x2
Old 03-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
taco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
taco4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thank god for TW. I just had the same problem and it scared the hell out of me cause I really didnt wanna spend anymore money at the dealership. I searched it on here and found the solution.. Thanks everyone for the knowledge and know how on here.. Thanks TW!!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
you know i went after a 07 tacoma once for a toyota dealer to tow it they said is had axle problems i thought to myself there aint nothing wrong with this truck its probably driver error sure nuff the guy had the locker engaged he was driving on dry pavement with it on so i educated him on his truk and told him to tell the dealer he got it fixed saved him a bunch of dough)
Old 03-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #10
jufo is on a distinguished road
jufo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!

Noticed the light flashing today, went through the manual, blah blah blah... Must've accidentally locked the diff when I was cleaning the cab a couple days ago

I don't know how many times an issue's come up with my truck, I've punched it into google, and got directed to this forum. Always helpful! (Saved me alotta $$$ over the years

Now I just have to solve something new so I can return the favour...
Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
talisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shedtalisker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
talisker's Tacoma Gallery
Red Flashing

Thanks guys.

My wife had to drive my truck for the first time yesterday and I suddenly had a red flashing light this morning.

A "push button" fix is a good fix!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
And people say that folks don't use the search function. :-)
Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #13
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
Even though the light is on, I don't think it will actually lock unless you are in 4L...
Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #14
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
^ This is true.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #15
btwice22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
btwice22's Tacoma Gallery
Google brought me here. Always seems to point me in the right direction. Dam I'm glad I'm a member. This just saved me an embarrassing call to the dealer.