LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Door Visors ???

Old 04-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold

80 atoyot's Tacoma Gallery
Door Visors ???

Now that warm weather is coming to MASS, I am noticing when I open the drivers window, the incoming air hits me smack on the side of the head.

I am thinking about those door visors. Will they change the direction of the air coming in???

I understand they help when its raining to not get wet,,, so logic says they redirect the air flow coming in.

So if they do what i want........
Will black/smoke look OK on a sand colored truck??
Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Billy Reuben
Punisher has a spectacular aura aboutPunisher has a spectacular aura about
Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
I am in MA too so I know the air you speak of. I have some vent visors installed on my Access cab and what they are doing is, iwith window cracked and inch or two, nstead of the air smacking you on side of head, they seem to be redirecting the air up higher (more along headliner). So, there is still some light air current on top of head but not much. I used to think vent visors were gauche but now I sing their praises like everyone else who has them.

BTW if you had a Standard cab (which you do not I see, but maybe other MA reader will) I have a new nice unused set on craigslist cheap.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I am in MA too so I know the air you speak of. I have some vent visors installed on my Access cab and what they are doing is, iwith window cracked and inch or two, nstead of the air smacking you on side of head, they seem to be redirecting the air up higher (more along headliner). So, there is still some light air current on top of head but not much. I used to think vent visors were gauche but now I sing their praises like everyone else who has them.

BTW if you had a Standard cab (which you do not I see, but maybe other MA reader will) I have a new nice unused set on craigslist cheap.

Thanks
What if you roll the window down more do they still help?
I also have an access cab.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #4
Billy Reuben
Punisher has a spectacular aura aboutPunisher has a spectacular aura about
Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
With the window down more I do not think they help much. I think that can't be helped.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #5

Thanks

I'll have to think about it.