Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Ghost TPMS Light

Old 04-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Ghost TPMS Light

Yesterday my TPMS light came on while I was driving down the road. My first thought was that it was just the fact that we have has such warm weather down here in Texas for the last week or so and this particular morning was rather cold. Later that afternoon I noticed that the light was still on. I just got the truck back from the stealership for it's 5000 mile service so I thought it was odd that any of the tires be low. Fearing that I might have picked up a nail I checked all four tires when I got home and found nothing, so, I checked all 4 tires pressure, and then the spare, put 2lbs worth in one tire, and reset the TPMS. The light went off. Less than two minutes later the TPMS light came back on as I was driving around the block. It was getting dark at this point so I thought I would just go ahead and let it sit to see if there was a tire with noticeably less air pressure by morning and then I would know for sure whether it was a slow leak or something else. When I got into the truck this morning, there was no TPMS light, and when I drove around at Lunch, again, nothing. I never reset the TPMS after it came back on the second time, nor did I change the air pressure in any tire. What's going on!?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
Yesterday my TPMS light came on while I was driving down the road. My first thought was that it was just the fact that we have has such warm weather down here in Texas for the last week or so and this particular morning was rather cold. Later that afternoon I noticed that the light was still on. I just got the truck back from the stealership for it's 5000 mile service so I thought it was odd that any of the tires be low. Fearing that I might have picked up a nail I checked all four tires when I got home and found nothing, so, I checked all 4 tires pressure, and then the spare, put 2lbs worth in one tire, and reset the TPMS. The light went off. Less than two minutes later the TPMS light came back on as I was driving around the block. It was getting dark at this point so I thought I would just go ahead and let it sit to see if there was a tire with noticeably less air pressure by morning and then I would know for sure whether it was a slow leak or something else. When I got into the truck this morning, there was no TPMS light, and when I drove around at Lunch, again, nothing. I never reset the TPMS after it came back on the second time, nor did I change the air pressure in any tire. What's going on!?
check the air in your spare........i guarantee you its the culprit.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
check the air in your spare........i guarantee you its the culprit.
Quote:
so, I checked all 4 tires pressure, and then the spare, put 2lbs worth in one tire, and reset the TPMS....
I already did.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I already did.
oh, sorry,i missed that.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a combo of temperature fluctuations and low air. Has it come back on since the night that you aired it up?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
I haven't had a single problem today. I'm mostly confused why after I reset it last night and the light went off, it came back on just two minutes later, and then wasn't on at all today.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haven't had a single problem today. I'm mostly confused why after I reset it last night and the light went off, it came back on just two minutes later, and then wasn't on at all today.
damn gremlins. I'm never surprised what can happen with wireless communications.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
would anyone know what frequency the TPMS are on? I guess it could have been some sort of interference, like from a bluetooth device or any number of other things.