Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Strange noise from front-end

Old 04-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #1
jsmckinney is on a distinguished road
jsmckinney's Tacoma Gallery
Strange noise from front-end

I have a 2008 Tacoma TRD double cab, purchased in January. Lately I have been hearing a banging noise coming from the front end possibly below my feet when driving. This noise happens when I turn either left or right of if I quickly pull the wheel left or right. I have found nothing loose underneath but it seems to be getting worse. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmckinney View Post
I have a 2008 Tacoma TRD double cab, purchased in January. Lately I have been hearing a banging noise coming from the front end possibly below my feet when driving. This noise happens when I turn either left or right of if I quickly pull the wheel left or right. I have found nothing loose underneath but it seems to be getting worse. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
just a thought....but do you have nerf bars of some sort?? i have some on my truck, and one time,after getting my tires balanced, i was hearing/feeling a banging under my feet.....it turned out to be the mount for the nerf bar was up against the frame. i had to get a pry bar and move it off the frame a bit from where it shifted,and no more problems there.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Tacomaman06, I do have nerf bars but I have checked them already and they are tight.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Tacomaman06, You were exactly right. I was only feeling for looseness. My right nerf bar was contacting the body mount and ended up being the source of the noise. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmckinney View Post
Tacomaman06, You were exactly right. I was only feeling for looseness. My right nerf bar was contacting the body mount and ended up being the source of the noise. Thanks!
hey man, glad you figured it out, and glad it was a good, cheap fix!!!