1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Key On Hot Wire

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 08beachtoy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Apr 28, 2008 at 6:30 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    Can somebody tell me which wire is a good key on power wire at the under hood harness against the fire wall drivers side or under dash so I dont have to probe a bunch of wires with my test light ?? I hot wired my fog lights cause I didnt want probe or cut any wires but I keep leaving them on . The newness has worn off a bit now and I am willing to cut a wire to get the power but I definately am no fan of probing more than I have to !!please help I need the color code of the correct wire and I wanna be able to turn them on whenever key is on headlights on or not !

2. Apr 29, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat

Products Discussed in

To Top