Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Cruise Control Help

Old 05-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #21
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same exact truck as you except that mine is a manual transmission. This MOD is about the easiest thing in the world to do. Just make sure that you remove the power from the Battery when you do. You are dealing with the air bag so there needs to be a little bit of caution.

In regards to the trim piece, the nice thing about Tacoma's is that they are pretty much all the same color, so you dont need to worry about it.

You might also want to think about doing the Interval Wiper MOD at the same time since you will have everything torn apart anyway. That is what I did and it worked out pretty well.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:49 AM   #22
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
There are charcoal and tan steering wheel pieces. B1 or B2 in the part number are the different colors IIRC. Yes, cruise and adj int wipers are the best 200 I've spent on my base model............
Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
anyone remember about how much shipping was?? i have the exact amount for the supplies needed, but i need to get some more for shipping so anyone remember??
Old 05-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #25
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone do the intermittent wiper mod?? i was wondering what write up you used so i could look it over, cuz i think im guna do it, just gotta see what goes into it
Old 06-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #26

what kind of screws do we use...i forgot to order them with my other parts....do they look like this...but silver and phillips head?? these kinda threads i mean?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #27
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry but those are not the screws. I think there is a picture of the them in the original write up. The interval wipers is as easy as just replacing the original one. You will see once you get it taken apart. I would take a picture of mine but my truck is in Germany and I am in Afganistan.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #28
13BGriff is on a distinguished road
Army: B Btry 5/2 SCR
13BGriff's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen your truck around, you've got the devil horns. I'm so jealous, I tried to order some but he the guy that makes them said he's not making any for a while because of his agreement with Toyota.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
Tacomaized
Kulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19th Special Forces Airborne
Name: Roger
Kulahaga's Tacoma Gallery
Cruise Control Clutch Switch Install Caution

Hey Folks,

I just finished installing an OEM Cruise Control on my 2010 Regular Cab, 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission that had no prewiring.

All went well except for a mishap with installing the clutch switch... The wiring attached to the top of the clutch switch is rather bulky. As such, and given the tight space around where the switch is installed, the wiring becomes all balled up as you turn the switch to screw it in place.

After screwing the switch all the way in, I noticed that the wires were twisted tightly together at the top of the switch. So, I began to un-twist them to gain adequate length to attach them at the proper locations. To my dismay, both wires broke off from the switch terminals at the top of the switch.

Thankfully, I was able to solder them securely back on to the switch. However, I used some new longer pieces of wire without a connector since the supplied connector isn't really necessary (See photo).

Here is a tip for anyone else installing the clutch switch:

In order to prevent this from happening again I folded the wires part way down the sides of the switch housing and secured them with electrical tape to provide strain relief if the wires became stressed by turning the switch to screw it in (See photo). In addition, if you haven't broken the wires from the switch terminals use a razor blade to remove the rubber shroud covering the wires and then tightly coil the wires and tape them flat together at the top of the switch (See photo). This provides a much smaller bulk for the wires and allows screwing in the switch without stressing the wires or wire terminals of the switch. (Use only one wrap of tape to flatten the wire coil. Otherwise, getting it off again will become difficult, given the limited space around the switch for your hands.)

Use this tip and save yourself some grief...

In Addition, since I just recently completed the OEM Cruise Control mod, if any of you folks have any questions about the installation procedure, just ask!
Attached Thumbnails
Cruise Control Help-3.jpg   Cruise Control Help-4.jpg   Cruise Control Help-5.jpg   Cruise Control Help-6.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #30
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a 2014 4 cyl reg cab.....anyone know if the cruise mod will work ...same part numbers?