Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Cruise Control Help

Old 04-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Cruise Control Help

hey guys...i have an 07 base taco, auto tranny....i was wondering if it is possible for me to get cruise control...if so can i do it myself, and what to i have to buy to do it??
Old 04-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
planman is on a distinguished road
planman's Tacoma Gallery
Hope this helps!

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=171992
Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Does anyone know if there is just a stock kit i can buy.....dont want to go aftermarket, but i dont want to forget anything, hence the kit....if not where can i buy these parts then??
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
The parts that you order are all OEM.

I have a question for anybody that has installed this. I installed mine with the splitter wire and everything went fine but when i try to use it no light comes on when you turn on the crusie and it wont set. Any help would be great thanks guys and sorry to thread jack
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
The parts that you order are all OEM.

I have a question for anybody that has installed this. I installed mine with the splitter wire and everything went fine but when i try to use it no light comes on when you turn on the crusie and it wont set. Any help would be great thanks guys and sorry to thread jack
ok, and its fine, at least its on subject lol
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
Turrbine is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Turrbine's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2008 Tacoma 5 speed 4x2 2.7 liter standard cab. I bought all the cruise control switches and wire harness, spent about 45 minutes installing and now I have cruise control that works perfect. I think post number 2 on this page has the link to the instructions and they are spot on accurate. I can't believe how easy this was to do and how well the cruise works. I spent about $170 on Toyota parts right from the dealer (I paid full retail, idiot). I know people have gotten better prices. Just be careful, I guess not all Tacomas are prewired for cruise. I would like to thank the person/s who put up the great directions, that was huge and greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #8

so, where is the best place to get all the parts i need....pricewise....?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
The link on the page with the directions was the best price I could find.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #11

i must be that bad with computers...but can someone give me the links to the switch, trim piece, and wire i need?? i cant seem to get it to work
Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM   #12

no one can help with the links, cuz im terrible with computers...and they dont come up when i put the part numbers in
Old 05-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
gimmie a sec ill find them again bro
thanks man...i just cant get it to work
Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
used this thread
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t171992.html

and got theses part numbers
84632-08021 Cruise control switch (this is the stalk)
45186-0C020-B1 Steering wheel cover (order based on your steering wheel cover color)
88280-14030 Clutch switch (only needed if you have a manual transmission)
84633-04020 Cruise control wire (this is what connects the stalk to the steering wheel spinal)
90080-15079 1/2" 10/32 screws (you could save some money and get these at a hardware store)..thanks to parkinglot and Tacobama for letting me know about this oversight.

entered these part numbers into the search function ( http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214074 ) on this website
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...74&catalogid=0

im not gonna search it for you, i dont know what you need if its auto or manual.

just copy those part numbers and add it to the multiple part number search and you ill get it all in one window.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #17

Quote:
used this thread
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t171992.html

and got theses part numbers
84632-08021 Cruise control switch (this is the stalk)
45186-0C020-B1 Steering wheel cover (order based on your steering wheel cover color)
88280-14030 Clutch switch (only needed if you have a manual transmission)
84633-04020 Cruise control wire (this is what connects the stalk to the steering wheel spinal)
90080-15079 1/2" 10/32 screws (you could save some money and get these at a hardware store)..thanks to parkinglot and Tacobama for letting me know about this oversight.

entered these part numbers into the search function ( http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214074 ) on this website
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...74&catalogid=0

im not gonna search it for you, i dont know what you need if its auto or manual.

just copy those part numbers and add it to the multiple part number search and you ill get it all in one window.
thank you man...that multiple parts number page did it for me...awesome...now i can get the cruise control
Old 05-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #19

Quote:
glad i could help
got 1 more minor question for u...lol...how do i know what color the trim piece is?? maybe i missed it somewhere but i dont think i saw a specific color......sorry for all the questions, i just want to do it right