Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How to disconnect head lights from turning on and off from the alarm?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #1
hans17 is on a distinguished road

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
How to disconnect head lights from turning on and off from the alarm?

Hi guy's I need your help, how is it possible to disconect the head light from turning on and off everythime I activate ir disactivate the alarm. I recently install hid lights on my tacoma 2007 but the light going on and off will damage my light bulbs and other internal thing.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I remember reading about it in my owners manual. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:57 PM   #3

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I will chsck my owner manual to see if I can find it too. thx.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't think the headlights did it. I thought it was just the parking lights.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
only my markers flash when I lock/arm and unlock/disarm with the fob.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't forgotten about you. I can't find the info they gave me at the dealership but when you have the alarm system installed, its wired in to the lights also. There is a way to make the lights not blink but I've just got to find what I did with the paperwork!
I'm thinking the alarm system is installed for the Southeast Toyota Tacomas. And since you're in Puerto Rico, yours might fall into that category.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Come on, Touch it......

Yea, that would be a cool mod to be able to do that! Again only my markers (blinkers,parking lights,whateveryouwannacallems) flash when I arm/disarm.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans17 View Post
Hi guy's I need your help, how is it possible to disconect the head light from turning on and off everythime I activate ir disactivate the alarm. I recently install hid lights on my tacoma 2007 but the light going on and off will damage my light bulbs and other internal thing.
Quick question. Do you have an LED push button valet switch to the right of your power mirror switch with your alarm system?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
Quick question. Do you have an LED push button valet switch to the right of your power mirror switch with your alarm system?
I think the push button LED is a gulf coast thing, I have an LED with a little speaker looking thing below it but it does not push in or out.
Attached Thumbnails
How to disconnect head lights from turning on and off from the alarm?-delete1.jpg  
Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
I think the push button LED is a gulf coast thing, I have an LED with a little speaker looking thing below it but it does not push in or out.
i have that same thing chris, have you been able to program it???
Old 05-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #11
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
i have that same thing chris, have you been able to program it???
Nope!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
Nope!
yeah me neither, i tried the rs3200 manual, but it doesn't seem to respond to the programming sequence, but it seems to have all the features.... i just want the thing to auto lock the doors when i start the truck coz i always forget...
Old 05-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #13
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
yeah me neither, i tried the rs3200 manual, but it doesn't seem to respond to the programming sequence, but it seems to have all the features.... i just want the thing to auto lock the doors when i start the truck coz i always forget...
It does appear to be a Gulf States thing. I have been able to deactivate the headlight feature on mine. Parking lights only, and no headlights on for 20 sec. during arm and disarm. I deactivated the chirps as well. I also talked to a tech. at Gulf States and he ran my vin. # to verify my system, told me mine was an RS3200, and also stated that the ignition activated door lock and unlock feature is not even an option on 2nd gen. Tacoma's where ever they were bought. Who knows?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #14

Quote:
It does appear to be a Gulf States thing. I have been able to deactivate the headlight feature on mine. Parking lights only, and no headlights on for 20 sec. during arm and disarm. I deactivated the chirps as well. I also talked to a tech. at Gulf States and he ran my vin. # to verify my system, told me mine was an RS3200, and also stated that the ignition activated door lock and unlock feature is not even an option on 2nd gen. Tacoma's where ever they were bought. Who knows?
That is exactly what i was trying to program in mine, but seems it cant be done... however i don't know if i can activate the alarm chirp.... i don't have the valet push button....
Old 05-23-2008, 03:43 AM   #15

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok yes I have a red led push button.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #16

late reply

Quote:
Ok yes I have a red led push button.
Sorry I seem to have missed this reply.

Try this.

Valet switch in the off or out position.
Turn the ignition key to the on position
Press and release the LED valet switch 6 times.
Immediately turn the ignition key off then back on.
Feature 1 LED flashes 1 time.
1 chirp = headlights on during disarm, horn chirps either 1 or 2 times.
2 chirps = headlights off during disarm.
To change the selection, press and release the lock button on the transmitter (fob) or if the ignition key is chipped use the lock button on the drivers door panel, which will be indicated by the appropriate 1 or 2 chirp signal from the horn. If you do not want to change this feature, simply press and release the LED valet switch 2 times to advance to programmable feature number 2.

Feature 2 LED flashes 2 times
1 chirp = headlights on during arm horn chirps either 1 or 2 times.
2 chirps = headlights off during arm.

To go to feature 3 push the valet switch 2 times.

I've got mine set as follows.
feature 1. 2 chirps, headlights off during disarm
feature 2. 2 chirps, headlights off during arm
feature 3. 1 chirp on
feature 4. 2 chirps off, passive arming.
feature 5. 1 chirp on

Set this way my headlights are off during arm and disarm. panic button works headlights, turn signals, and horn. and the system will rearm in 30 sec. if no door is opened or vehicle isn't started.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #17

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Well I will try it today ll I want is the head light off when ever I activate or disactivate the alarm.Thxs a lot I will keep you informed .
Old 05-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Well I will try it today ll I want is the head light off when ever I activate or disactivate the alarm.Thxs a lot I will keep you informed .
In that case it was only feature #1 & #2 each set for two chirps or off on my Gulf States truck anyway. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 AM   #19

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Try this.

To change the selection, press and release the lock button on the transmitter (fob) or if the ignition key is chipped use the lock button on the drivers door panel, which will be indicated by the appropriate 1 or 2 chirp signal from the horn. If you do not want to change this feature, simply press and release the LED valet switch 2 times to advance to programmable feature number 2.

feature 3. 1 chirp on
feature 5. 1 chirp on

Set this way my headlights are off during arm and disarm. panic button works headlights, turn signals, and horn. and the system will rearm in 30 sec. if no door is opened or vehicle isn't started.
Well I tried and no success,can you plz. be a little more specific .I did the valet swicth 6 times in and out turned off the swicth and back on.After that is were I have the doubt.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #20

Quote:

Try this.

feature 3. 1 chirp on
feature 5. 1 chirp on

Quote:
Well I tried and no success,can you plz. be a little more specific .I did the valet swicth 6 times in and out turned off the swicth and back on.After that is were I have the doubt.
This works on my GULF STATES truck with a 3200 alarm. Anyway after ignition on, valet switch pushed total of 6 times, ignition off and back on with door closed. You should now be in feature #1 and the horn should have chirped at you 1 time as your headlights come on during disarm. If your horn didn't chirp and the LED valet switch didn't blink one time when you turned the key back on this is not going to work.
If it did chirp at that time. push the lock button, to lock, on the drivers door either one or two times to get it to chirp twice. If that worked, again push the valet switch 2 times and you will be in feature #2, horn chirps and LED flashes 2 times, and repeat, pushing the lock button until you get 2 chirps. If it worked at this point turn off the ignition, done.

I might add that once you turn the key back on and enter a feature point you must push the lock button within 15 seconds or it times out and you have to start over.