Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Transfer case Issues

Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #21
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
that sound like it is binding somewhere. Is that only when shifting to 4H or to 4L
Is it still taking long time to shift...?
4H to 4L is fine, from 2H to 4H is the problem. I was driving around the other day for a couple hours, pulled on to a dirt road, the truck was wandering all over the place, so I clicked in 4H at about 35mph. I drove for about a minute, realized it wasn't engaging, slowed down to 25 sped up to 55, 4WD indicator flashing the whole time. Switched 'er back to 2H then 4H again, engaged instantly. Taking it back for the 3rd time next week......
Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #22
TDOGGY will become famous soon enoughTDOGGY will become famous soon enough

Name: Travis
TDOGGY's Tacoma Gallery
While I was at the dealer i had them look at it. I took the truck in for a sound i got when i reversed and turned the wheel. The fix was a piece of foam they stuck between the airbox if anyone has this issues. So the transfer was fine, they said they found nothing wrong with it. They gave me a printout with the same instructions that are in the manual and called it user error. So i am of course pissed. its not my first rodeo offroading, and ive driven a variety of vehicles including my Tacoma and never had this much of an issue. As im pulling out of the dealership i notice my pedal feels different, so i get out and check out the truck. The pedal has clearly been tightened up. A lot of the play is gone that was once there and the 4x4 engages first time everytime. When I find what he did Ill let ya"ll know.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #23
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
This thread is another argument for First Gen superiority................That is all.

Not when you do a conversion to a Manual T case!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #24
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Wow Hemi, you're still having issues with the xfer case... Sorry to hear that.
An update......Now at 52000kms, T-Case shifts good. It bangs going in and out, but as long as it works, I don't expect perfection.