Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

TSB about the harsh spring ride

Old 04-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
PatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Patrick
PatrickJW's Tacoma Gallery
TSB about the harsh spring ride

I printed it off. My 2010 SR5 TRD goes in for it's 5000 miles oil change & check soon. According to the VIN mine is eligible to have the extra spring put in under the warentee. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to approach the dealership. I recall reading something a while back about dealerships being reluctant to do it. Other question, is it neccessary, I was hauling some heavy gym machinary & it road hard? If It should have it I want it! Also my Taco seems to be pulling slightly to the right, I'm wondering if it's just the wider heavier tires that I'm getting used to, or has something to do with the spring thing, because alignment was mentioned as well. Appreciate any help, I'm not tech savvy on these things yet.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Patrick, here's a link with lots of good information. Good luck.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...w-09-10-a.html
Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
PatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of lightPatrickJW is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Patrick
PatrickJW's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks mate!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Patrick,
I just called my dealer, told them that I wanted the TSB done and they said they'd order the parts and call me when they came in...no hassle.
From what I've seen on TW, each dealer seems to be differen't. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
dirtnut1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
dirtnut1's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone been successful in getting the TSB done on a truck that is out of warranty? Mine is an 06 and was over mileage before they issued the TSB. It's at 135k, so I may just be wasting my time...................
Old 07-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
Beast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to allBeast is a name known to all

Name: Mark
Beast's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2010 dc and they did the tsb today with no hassle....and they actually did the gas pedal recall thing too..
Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Don't buy a Ford
bishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shedbishtacova is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
bishtacova's Tacoma Gallery
Just be polite and insist your truck has a harsh ride. The good news is that a lot of folks have been getting it done so the dealership shoud have hear about this by now.