Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

engine noise

Old 05-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
METROCO1 is on a distinguished road
METROCO1's Tacoma Gallery
engine noise

I have an 06' with a 4.0. My engine makes a slight ticking noise when it warms up at idle. I had it checked out and my mechanic said he found no problems. I thought it was a valve tap cause that what it sounded like. Does anybody else experience this ? Does anybody have a solution to quite the motor down ?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
My truck doesn't do it, so I have not fully researched this issue. Try a search here for ticking tsb. Our trucks do have a tick, but I'm not sure if yours applies.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
most of the new tacomas have the infamous tick. toyota had a tsb out for it that replaced the catalytic converters......didnt really do much though. only thing i can say is it isnt gonna hurt anything....pretty normal. synthetic oil may make it less noticeable, but it will still be there. i have an exhaust, so i barely pay attention to it any more.