Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Hyper Grounding Cables

Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
TRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to beholdTRDfly is a splendid one to behold

TRDfly's Tacoma Gallery
Question Hyper Grounding Cables

Just curious if anyone has done this mod/upgrade/possible useless waste of $?? I've done this to cars I've had in the past and despite the claims of better flow and more horsepower my search results here have seemingly come up zero. I've only found one company offering these for our taco's so thus the curiosity.

I'm thinking of doing this as part of a stereo upgrade over the next few months so any input would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.......
Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDfly View Post
Just curious if anyone has done this mod/upgrade/possible useless waste of $?? I've done this to cars I've had in the past and despite the claims of better flow and more horsepower my search results here have seemingly come up zero. I've only found one company offering these for our taco's so thus the curiosity.

I'm thinking of doing this as part of a stereo upgrade over the next few months so any input would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.......
I can't see how grounding could change horsepower. It makes sense to have the best possible electrical connections for a really high power sound system but if it's not being entered in competitions it's probably not a cost effective upgrade.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
Mingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMingy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mingy's Tacoma Gallery
I owned a car where a guy had done this

I figure it was addedd ballast, nothing more. I removed a good dozen of those grounding straps.

Honestly, how people come up with these scams is beyond me. If Toyota could improve your vehicle by adding $5 worth of grounding straps, believe me they would have done it already.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd install a bigger ground and call it a day.