Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

DIY: Leather Interior

Old 11-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #142
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Im trying to muster the testicular fortitude to tackle this mod.. The box has been sitting here for almost a week now.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #144
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
You can do it.
Easy for you to say, i've never done anything like this in my short life time lol.

Is it time consuming or is it just plain difficult, because if it's the latter i'll pay someone else, if it just takes awhile then i'll give it a shot no doubt.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #145
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Easy for you to say, i've never done anything like this in my short life time lol.

Is it time consuming or is it just plain difficult, because if it's the latter i'll pay someone else, if it just takes awhile then i'll give it a shot no doubt.
Time consuming yes. Difficult - not really...

You need to take it one piece at a time, one part at a time.

Follow the DIY, start with the back just like I outlined in the write up.

Take your time and you'll do just fine.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #146
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Time consuming yes. Difficult - not really...

You need to take it one piece at a time, one part at a time.

Follow the DIY, start with the back just like I outlined in the write up.

Take your time and you'll do just fine.
Yes sir. Im gonna buy the tools on tuesday and well try and get it done when i get a free day.

one step at a time.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #147
flashnutrition is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
flashnutrition's Tacoma Gallery
My wife just gave in and I ordered my leather seat kit last week. I was kinda nervous but this post should help a lot. Thanks man!
Old 12-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #149
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe98 View Post
Homer, just read your DIY here. I am going to trumpet everyone else. This is Simply AWESOME. The time you took to do this for everyone else's benefit is fantastic.

THANK YOU!

Did you get the word doc uploaded or can you PM me to print. Thanks.
Sorry, the word doc. Was lost when my laptop crashed a while back.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #150
TacoFlavouredKiss is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
TacoFlavouredKiss's Tacoma Gallery
Extremely helpful, thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #152
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
To anyone that has done this self install, do you know roughly how many hog clips you went through on the entire interior?
Also, any specific kind or place you purchased them from?
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #153
ChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChuckLee's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought them online. Maybe you will go through 150 for a double cab? eBay sells em. Don't recall seeing them at HD OR LOWES
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #154
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
I just bought them online. Maybe you will go through 150 for a double cab? eBay sells em. Don't recall seeing them at HD OR LOWES
Thanks! Is there a specific size? I am ordering the pliers online so want to make sure I get the right size clips. I figure this will be helpful for anyone else too.
Thanks!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #155
dan33900 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dan33900's Tacoma Gallery
Homer great write up. Did my install today. SR5 fold flat was the most difficult part
Old 05-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #156
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
Tractor supply.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #158

Craig, fantastic write up. Finished it up last weeked, love the look. I just have to do the doors and the head rests. Question on the head rests for any other CST people. Mine only has the "female" plastic clip on the bottow, the other side is missing the male plastic to fit into it and close the headrest. The OEM has the plastic lip that fits into the female side. The sales rep says that is how its made but I don't believe that, b/c I feel like it would be a major complaint as I cannot close any of the 5 headrests.

Does anyone have a contact # for CST (Classic Soft Trim), because every effort I make I am redirected back to my salesman Shane. I've sent pics, videos, and explanations with 0 helps besides, "that's just the way it is". Anyone else have a similar experience with the headrests?
Thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #160

You're the man, thank you. PM inbound