Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Two Guys Garage / Truck U on Speed

Old 05-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Two Guys Garage is on a distinguished road
Two Guys Garage's Tacoma Gallery
TACOMA project on Truck U

Hello Friends
Hey all! My name is Jim. I work for the TV show Truck U on the speed channel. We are going to do a TACOMA as an upcoming project on our show. Is there any subjects you guys would like to see us cover? Anyone have suggestions on what companies we should contact?

Thanks
Jim
Old 05-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, Jim.

I'm assuming this will be a 2nd gen Tacoma, so I'll let those guys offer up the suggestions. Looking forward to the show though. You'll have to give us a heads up on when it airs.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Cool what year is this taco your going to be doing, i would like to see suspension upgrades getting a smooth ride as well as getting rid of the shakes you hear about, giving exact performance upgrades #'s how much horsepower an exhaust will give as well as an intake. Such as that. Fox, KIng and bilstein shocks trd or k&n intakes magnaflow and flowmaster exhaust. total chaos upper control a-arms
Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
House is on a distinguished road
House's Tacoma Gallery
Many of the people on this forum have issue with the driveline shudder between, in my case, 20 and 40 KPH. My kingdom if you give this issue a few minutes of air time.

Other than that, love to see intake and exhaust upgrades.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
It would be cool if you guys could do performance mods (Intake, Exhaust, Headers, etc.) and give us actual hp increase numbers. Also, are you planning on lifting it, lowering it, or keeping it at stock height???
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
seeing a lift, maybe a toytec 3 inch, done would be cool, along with maybe a brake upgrade and some performance mods. that would be cool.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to see you lean on all these aftermarket places that have really cool stuff for domestics but next to nada for us as if we Tacoma owners are a single digit entity on a scale. There's a ton of us and because of the phenominal longevity of the older Tacomas-a lot more than people think
Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #8
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Roll bar/showbar of some sort since there isn't one currently available for the composite bed!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
toycoma671 is on a distinguished road

Navy: COMM SOL Managment
toycoma671's Tacoma Gallery
Just would love to see performance upgrades, for the class it's in (by itself) and to go ahead and give the nation all the more reason to love a Tacoma!!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
hi Jim welcome to tacomaworld. all the above with an emphasis on suspension and performance
Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Hey welcome!! Talk about rims and tires, rims that are good for off road and on road and same with tires etc, that would be great, thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #12
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jim hows everything? I would like to see some desert applications. in paticular, rear suspensions.. I.E. Cantileaver setup vs 4 link vs Leaf springs...
Also if you could throw something in about Hydraulic bumpstops that would be great... Thanks James
Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 PM   #13
HighDesert is on a distinguished road
HighDesert's Tacoma Gallery
How about doing something truly innovative such as a conversion to a D4D. Perhaps such an endeavor would inspire Toyota to be a more proactive in its offerings to NA and would certainly provide many of us with some information regarding finding the necessary parts and procedures.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #14
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
Hey jim welcome to TW! I would like to see some total chaos or camberg long travle suspension and how it performs on the rocks and in the desert. or you could go with S.A.S swap for an all out rock crawling rig ,allpro and demello. or are you guys going for the every day joe who wants a little more power and a lift that gives more room for bigger tires. You could cover the long dabaited spacers lifts or coil over lifts verses drop bracket lifts pros and cons of both ,procomp, fabtech VS toytech ,camberg, Icon [formerly known as donahoe racing] . For some real power you could go for a super charger TRD or URD. intake ,exhaust ,headers,there is just to much fun to be had you lucky dogs. I would love to be in your shoes making all these fun desisions. Some simple and cheep mods like rear dif breather tube mod that the do it your self guys would love. Oh yea some one said somthing about drive shaft shudder, A lot of guys are getting "TomWoods" drive shafts. And thats my two cents.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably a minority here, but I'd love to see a lowered double cab with some serious performance upgrades. Maybe some air suspension, so the truck can still be used as a truck. Vendors to look at would be URD, Tundra Racing, Grillcraft, X-Runner body kits, twisted creations, Dough Thorley, Wet Okole, etc...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Jim when is this show going to air..?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #17
the foreigner
06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold06tacomaprerunner is a splendid one to behold

06tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post
Hey jim welcome to TW! I would like to see some total chaos or camberg long travle suspension and how it performs on the rocks and in the desert. or you could go with S.A.S swap for an all out rock crawling rig ,allpro and demello. or are you guys going for the every day joe who wants a little more power and a lift that gives more room for bigger tires. You could cover the long dabaited spacers lifts or coil over lifts verses drop bracket lifts pros and cons of both ,procomp, fabtech VS toytech ,camberg, Icon [formerly known as donahoe racing] . For some real power you could go for a super charger TRD or URD. intake ,exhaust ,headers,there is just to much fun to be had you lucky dogs. I would love to be in your shoes making all these fun desisions. Some simple and cheep mods like rear dif breather tube mod that the do it your self guys would love. Oh yea some one said somthing about drive shaft shudder, A lot of guys are getting "TomWoods" drive shafts. And thats my two cents.
+1
Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #18
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
3" spacer lift (Toytec)

Wheels (American Racing Teflon)

Tires (Nitto Mud Grapplers)

Intake (K&N or Advanced Flow Enginering "AFE")

Computer programming (Underdog Racing Development "URD")

Optional Off-Road (N-Fab.com)

and Exhaust from our good friends at Doug Thorley.

I think that would encompass a lot of the "everyday Joes" that buy these Tacomas, and from what I've seen from Truck U, that is your target audience.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:22 AM   #19
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
The suggestions that I've read so far are excellent! I just can't wait to see the show. Let us know when it will air. BTW, I love that show, I've been waiting for a second gen Tacoma to be on the show.

--klown
Old 05-07-2008, 05:29 AM   #20
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome jim. i watch your show every weekend and have been waiting for a show that pertains to my truck. id like to see some performance upgrade stuff. look forward to the show