Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Turn off lockout protection?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Jmetz is on a distinguished road

Jmetz's Tacoma Gallery
Turn off lockout protection?

Is there a way to turn off the lockout protection feature? I like to be able to lock the car by remote while the key is still in the ignition. It's a very handy thing that I used frequently on my old truck.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
Is there a way to turn off the lockout protection feature? I like to be able to lock the car by remote while the key is still in the ignition. It's a very handy thing that I used frequently on my old truck.
Yeah....I wanna know also. But - I doubt there's a fix.

You can't even lock it using the key in the door while the truck is running.

I'm not sure how the upgraded Toyota alarm works...and/or a remote start setup. Depends on what you want it disabled for.