1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

News from *********

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by kingtaco, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Feb 28, 2007 at 10:28 PM
    kingtaco

kingtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Gabriel Valley
    I would like to know if anybody has had a problem recieving thier order from *********.com. I ordered the speaker kit 9 days ago. Paypal has allready paid them 99.00. I recieved the confermation email, and a tracking number. When I use this number on the USPS web site I get a message that said there is no record of anything being shipped. I would hate it if I was ripped off by them. It seems alot of you guys have bought from them before. If you have any suggestions or have been through this before I would appreciate any input. Thanks

2. Mar 1, 2007 at 3:59 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, but to be safe - I would give them a call. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. Mar 1, 2007 at 7:48 AM
    kingtaco

Member:
    San Gabriel Valley
    There is no phone number listed on there web site.

4. Mar 1, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
  5. Mar 1, 2007 at 12:44 PM
    kingtaco

Member:
    San Gabriel Valley
    Its kind of strange that after I posted this problem I recieved a email confirming the package is giong to be shipped today. Will see what happens. Im not here to bad mouth them I just want my parts or money back. Ill let you guys know what happens thanks for replying.

6. Mar 1, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    i understand what you mean, i had posted my response to that you can check i out on the other thread.

7. Mar 1, 2007 at 2:38 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I bought the speaker 6x9 and 6.5 speaker mounts from Taco Tunes. The genereal consensus is the customer service is horrible. No phone number available 000-000-0000, and he never respons to emails. I received my package in 9 days. I too had a bad tracking number. However I don't recall anyone never receiving their items. Always pay with PayPal so you can at least get your money back if you don't receive your merchandise. Another good place to get speaker items for our Taco's is Marv's enclosure. Do a Google Search and you'll find thier contact info. I hear Marv will bend over backwards for you....Hope this helps.

8. Mar 1, 2007 at 2:40 PM
    Ldytaco05

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    at least stevie it's a reputable site you're posting. not alot of buyers know that, so they take their chances on online shopping.

9. Mar 1, 2007 at 3:52 PM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Yeah,

Unless you have the tools and the know how to manufacture your own brackets and enclosure's, Taco Tunes and Marv's Enclosures are the only places I found that offer an alternative to DIY for Stereo upgrades. Crutchfied, Best Buy and Circuit City don't offer a speaker bracket kit if you want to put a 6.5 or a 6x9 up front, and they sure as hell don't offer perfect fit Subwoofer boxes for Tacos either.

10. Mar 2, 2007 at 4:09 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    It is completely possible that they are a member here or that they watch the forum...

*********.com, if you are watching the forum, please put your two cents in here. If you want our support, we will need to be able to get in touch with you, AND we want to know that you are reliable!!!

Cheers!

11. Mar 5, 2007 at 10:05 AM
    kingtaco

Member:
    San Gabriel Valley
    I do have good news. I recieved my order this saterday. The order was complete. If they would have said 9 to 10 days it would have been ok, but they said 2 to 3 and it was hard to contact them. I think this is a one man operation. In the future they need to make it easier to contact them or him. Anyway, all is good now.

12. Mar 5, 2007 at 3:13 PM
    Ldytaco05

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    i guess it's a starter business i know that feeling, i used to sell custom uniforms online geez that was overwhelming when you get bombarded with orders i had to shut it down quick, i didn't had help and i didn't expect it would pick up that fast. so i guess when he meets his financial quota my guess he will upgrade everything else. sorry to hear that but it's good that you were patient about it. eventhough you had to vent through this forum, but good info about that site. now i know what to expect when i purchase from that site.

13. Mar 6, 2007 at 10:44 AM
    steviestyles

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    Taco Tunes isn't a new business, they've been around for a couple years. I think he was/thinks he's the only company offering speaker/stereo solutions for the Tacoma so he got got rather complacent. New companies starting out still wouldn't use a PO box for their address of business, or a contact number of 000-000-0000, let alone neglect emails. If your starting out, you want to start on the right foot to build a clientel base, not run people off. Taco Tunes has a following, but for people just using them for the first time, it's understandably why you'd be skeptical. I'm sure anyone who is running a small business or just starting out knows word of mouth can make or break you. I think it might be a case of arrogance for Taco Tunes...plus I think he's a real small operation, maybe him and a friend. I'd say check with Marv;s Enclosures first. I know I'll contact Marv if I want to install an Amp of Sub in my truck next. I have never bought from him, but I've heard nothing but good things. If he joins TacomaWorld it would be a great to have him as an outlet for all our Stereo needs.

Products Discussed in

To Top