1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing steering wheel pad on 2010

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Gerryl, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    Gerryl

Gerryl [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerry
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Hey guys, I hope someone can give me a hand. I purchased an oem cruise control for my 2010 Taco and was reading the installation proceedure from the link provided at this site: (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t171992.html ) when I realized the steering wheel cover is different than in the example provided. On my 2010 model there are no covers on the FRONT of the pad to remove, only the side covers on the somewhat back side of the wheel, one of which (on the right hand side) will be replaced to allow for the cruise control stem to stick thru. I presume that by removing the side covers, there will be screws visible that will allow me to remove the cover. Anyone have any experiance with this? Thanks for your help!

2. May 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    beetlejuice2275

beetlejuice2275 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reximus
    Queens, NY
    Vehicle:
    Drift inspired 08 Reg Cab
    custom ram air. blacked badges, hids, rewired front turn signals and park lights, URD short shifter, Pioneer t-screen (no nav), 10" 1200 watt.
  3. May 1, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    Gerryl

Gerryl [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerry
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    Thanks, I assume from the brevity of your reply that yes, there will be screws (30 Torx) visible once the side covers are removed. This is the same screw as with the example in the link I referenced, I just wanted to be certain since my wheel has no covers on the front of the pad to remove that there where no new tricks so to speak.

4. May 1, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    I think those are the covers you need to pop out. Use some painters tape to help in not scratching anything. They should just pop out. And they are on the side of the sterring wheel. Kinda in the area where all the stalks are. FYI, you might be able to not unplug the airbag. Just keep it off to the side. Also, after unpluging the battery, wait a few minutes.

BTW,
    Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top