LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod

Old 05-16-2008, 12:31 AM   #1
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod

I got this mod done last month and am just geting around to sharing some pics. There is a great thread on this in http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod-mod.jpg   Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod-mod-2.jpg   Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod-mod-3.jpg   Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod-mod-4.jpg   Rear Diff, Trans and Tansfer Case Breather tube mod-mod-5.jpg  

Old 05-16-2008, 07:37 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
This mod is just to keep the breather out of the water? Or is there another good reason to do it?
To keep water & mud out of the diff......

If you do any mudding or going through water, this is a VERY VERY good idea. If you get water in your differential, it'll contaminate the oil and can ruin seals & such.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #7
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Nice Job!!

Are ya gonna *T* in the front diff breather?
Thanks!!
I was thinking about it but they already have the front diff breather exstended up into the engine bay. I had to have my front diff gone through because when les schwab did my lift they for got to hook the breather tube back up and i got water in my front diff. 4x4 was'nt engaiging very well. So I went to the dealer to see what was going on, water in the diff. I thought I was going to be playing the blame game with both dealer and les schwab but when i called les Schwab they steped up and took car of every thing! They are an awesome company!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post

Thanks!!
I was thinking about it but they already have the front diff breather exstended up into the engine bay. I had to have my front diff gone through because when les schwab did my lift they for got to hook the breather tube back up and i got water in my front diff. 4x4 was'nt engaiging very well. So I went to the dealer to see what was going on, water in the diff. I thought I was going to be playing the blame game with both dealer and les schwab but when i called les Schwab they steped up and took car of every thing! They are an awesome company!

On my 96 - I did the same as you (almost) but T'd the front in there also just for the hell of it. I think I had too many fittings & hose and was bored.

Water in the diff can be bad - and it's a silent killer. You don't know its in there until the damage is already done.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It is just your normal crankcase filter available at any auto parts store in the ricer section or engine dress up section.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yeah that's the one.