LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

I have an acceleration issue

Old 05-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
I have an acceleration issue

My 04 tacoma is acting wierd as I accelerate and get about 55 mph it feels like I took my foot off the gas and I know I didn't it seems to do it every once in a while while driving down the road.. I first thought the pedal might be getging caught on the floor mat but I took it out and it still does it.. any ideas (fuel injection dirty???? fuel pump??
Old 05-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
plug sparks, cables??
Old 05-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
new plugs about 10,000 miles ago, but not wires think thats it
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
hopefully..... let us now whats the outcome...
Old 05-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
And it's not the overdrive gear kicking in? Otherwise if it 'cuts out' at speed then cuts back in it could be a MAF sensor issue too.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #6
U.S.M.C.

yea i talked to they guys at advanced auto and he said if it eas the MAF sensor it would throw a check engine code so it is only an anoyance now but I hope it either throws a code or some fuel injection cleaner helps it cuz it is pissing me off thanks for the replies and if anyone has anything to add please do.. oh yea I changed the fuel filter 2 weeks ago so it isn''t that either
Old 05-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #7
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if you're getting enough pressure from the fuel pump. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post
yea i talked to they guys at advanced auto and he said if it eas the MAF sensor it would throw a check engine code so it is only an anoyance now but I hope it either throws a code or some fuel injection cleaner helps it cuz it is pissing me off thanks for the replies and if anyone has anything to add please do.. oh yea I changed the fuel filter 2 weeks ago so it isn''t that either
Old 05-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
U.S.M.C.

fuel pump

I thought that too because it does it more when I am above half a tank so, does anybody know anything about fuel pump preasure's