Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Which parts does Toyota cover under the Toyota Lifetime Guarantee?

Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Which parts does Toyota cover under the Toyota Lifetime Guarantee?

Toyota's lifetime guarantee is a continuation of its quality and customer satisfaction. Toyota makes a commitment to test and manufacture parts specifically for your Toyota vehicle to help ensure maximum fit and performance.

Toyota's lifetime guarantee covers Genuine Toyota mufflers, exhaust pipes, shocks and struts installed at Toyota dealerships. If you pay for the installation of a part covered by Toyota's lifetime guarantee, and under normal driving conditions the part fails, bring your vehicle back to an authorized Toyota dealership and the lifetime part will be replaced at no charge. The Toyota Lifetime Guarantee remains in force as long as you own the vehicle. The only requirement for this lifetime part replacement is a copy of the original service repair order as proof of purchase.

When you need to install a muffler, exhaust pipe, shocks or struts in your Toyota vehicle, look for the commitment that stands behind them.

For additional details, please contact your local dealer.

What Is Not Covered Under This Guarantee:
  1. Repairs and adjustments required as a result of misuse (i.e. racing, overloading), negligence, modification, alteration, tampering, disconnection, improper adjustments or repairs, accidents and use of add-on parts/materials.
  2. Mufflers, shock absorbers, struts and strut cartridges installed prior to January 1, 1990. Exhaust pipes installed prior to January 1, 1992.
  3. Parts installed on a non-Toyota vehicle.
Note: Valid only in the continental U.S. and Alaska

http://www.toyota.com/help/faq-parts.html
Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't this vary based on your own 'signed' paperwork/warrantee?

Or should I say....When did this *lifetime* deal start? Because I can see myself going in to a dealer in 5 years from now (my truck would be 8 years old) requesting new shocks.... They're gonna laugh at me!!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So is there a question here or what??
This is just informational. I've noticed dealers lately touting lifetime warrantees. So I looked up on Toyota's website to see what they consider a lifetime guarantee.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Wouldn't this vary based on your own 'signed' paperwork/warrantee?

Or should I say....When did this *lifetime* deal start? Because I can see myself going in to a dealer in 5 years from now (my truck would be 8 years old) requesting new shocks.... They're gonna laugh at me!!
I would click the link, Print off the webpage & put it with your receipt in a file folder. Also photocopy your receipt, because some receipts fade over time & a photocopy does not.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
This is just informational. I've noticed dealers lately touting lifetime warrantees. So I looked up on Toyota's website to see what they consider a lifetime guarantee.

Oh....I get it. I read the title like you were ASKING what parts were covered and looking for some sort of answer- not like a rhetorical.

Good on ya got looking out!!