Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Scanguage II problems

Old 05-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Scanguage II problems

So my scanguage, in my FJ, all of a sudden started saying I am getting 2-4 MPG's, which obviously isnt true. Has anyone ran into this? I have unplugged it a couple times, and nothing has worked. Any ideas?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
So my scanguage, in my FJ, all of a sudden started saying I am getting 2-4 MPG's, which obviously isnt true. Has anyone ran into this? I have unplugged it a couple times, and nothing has worked. Any ideas?
Maybe check the fuel tank size or units setting? Maybe you "adjusted" them unintentionally.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
I will do that, but I just set it the other day. I will probably try to call them tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
mines always blank when i try to see trans temp...prolly user error though
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I will do that, but I just set it the other day. I will probably try to call them tomorrow.
From the manual:

PROBLEM
:
MPG and TRIP Fuel use very inaccurate after using fillup adjustment.

CAUSE:
Error in adjustment procedure.
SOLUTION:
Use MORE>MORE>MORE>USE DEFAULTS>YES then redo setup of
ScanGaugeII.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
mines always blank when i try to see trans temp...prolly user error though
There are no trans temp sensors....
Old 05-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
There are no trans temp sensors....
Second gen has one maybe more.

My scangauge did this a few times in it's life. I had to just reset it and start over. Make sure the cable isn't smashed or kinked and make sure the lug is all the way on.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
From the manual:

PROBLEM
:
MPG and TRIP Fuel use very inaccurate after using fillup adjustment.
CAUSE:

Error in adjustment procedure.
SOLUTION:

Use MORE>MORE>MORE>USE DEFAULTS>YES then redo setup of
ScanGaugeII.

I will do this. I had a feeling I did that fillup thing wrong.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
mines a 1st gen...someone gave me the x-guage codes in a different thread
Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
( . )( . )
Law Enforcement:
The re-set fixed it. Now when you fillup you put the amount of gallons you put in your tank, right?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
mines a 1st gen...someone gave me the x-guage codes in a different thread
The codes wont work thought.. a43d and a340 trans dont have temp sensors