LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

How can Wiper Blades be this Confusing

Old 05-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold

80 atoyot's Tacoma Gallery
How can Wiper Blades be this Confusing

I had to remove both wiper arms to replace the blades. This was because the truck and wipers got trashed by road tar.

Anyway after I removed them, bought the refills and went to put them back on, I found they were not only different lengths, but different widths too.

SOooooooo does anyone know which goes on what side ???

Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get the refills from the dealer or an auto parts store?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
The longer wider 1 goes to the driver side if your wipers sweep left to right (looking out the windshield)
Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
longer on driver side.....not sure about the different widths though, usually....both blades are the same width.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I think the "width" is the bigger windwing that holds the longer wiper to the windshield.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I think the "width" is the bigger windwing that holds the longer wiper to the windshield.
yeah, you may be right there....i wasnt thinking about that.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I ust to work at an auto parts store and wipers were a nightmare. 2 of the same car always had different lenght wipers.
From then on I have always just bought new wipers that come in a new housing that just clips onto the wiper arm attached to the truck. I have had good luck with the rain-x brand. They cost a little more but work well and last through a texas summer.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #8
80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold

80 atoyot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
longer on driver side.....not sure about the different widths though, usually....both blades are the same width.

Thats 2 of you that say longer on drivers side.
OK, I will see what I already did, i think they are the other way.

The truck is an 08 and they are definately different widths.
It sure is strange. I bought (at the local parts store) two packages so I have another set now.

Thanks as always.....
Old 05-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 atoyot View Post
Thats 2 of you that say longer on drivers side.
OK, I will see what I already did, i think they are the other way.

The truck is an 08 and they are definately different widths.
It sure is strange. I bought (at the local parts store) two packages so I have another set now.

Thanks as always.....
just swap them around....should be good to go.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Billy Reuben
Punisher has a spectacular aura aboutPunisher has a spectacular aura about
Punisher's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, my 08 Taco has 22" on driver's and 21" on passenger side.

I have a thing about having new blades, time to get new pair - these are five months old.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
'08 the actual blade holding part of the bracket on mine:

Drivers side 20 5/8" and the passenger side was 19 5/8".