LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

wind noise

Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Glendas Truck is on a distinguished road
Glendas Truck's Tacoma Gallery
wind noise

I love my truck, but have always complained about the wind noise. Now I get this annoying 'whistling' sound on windy days and @70/75 MPH, oe or more. Sounds like someone trying to learn to play the clarinet! We can't tell where it is coming from. Any suggestions?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TacomaWorld. There is a TSB for windshield seal. You just have to go to the dealer or call customer care to get the ball rolling.

Consider yourself lucky. Some people's windshields sound like an oboe
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #4
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
This has been an aggravation of mine since I got my 08 Tacoma in Oct 07!! I traded a 10 year old Conversion Van that had a lot of wind noise and I figured I would get a new truck and get some peace and quiet, well I was wrong, the new one is as noisy as the old one.

The Access cab has a gap behind the back door panel to allow it to open and I believe this causes a vacuum and allows the weather seals to let in some (a Lot) wind noise.

This is only my opinion