Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

1 or 2 wheel drive?

Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #41
jeller317 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Deputy
Name: Jody
jeller317's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate everybodys input. Since my truck is just a daily driver I think I just need a LSD for the rear. That should help get up my driveway in the snow and stop that annoying spinning of the right rear in the rain. The only thing I've seen online is made by Eaton. They mention one with carbon fiber clutches and I think I read something about another one run with gears (seems like there would still be some kind of clutches in there somewhere). The cf one was on ebay for $499. Is that the best deal?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #42
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Old 12-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #43
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeller317 View Post
I appreciate everybodys input. Since my truck is just a daily driver I think I just need a LSD for the rear. That should help get up my driveway in the snow and stop that annoying spinning of the right rear in the rain. The only thing I've seen online is made by Eaton. They mention one with carbon fiber clutches and I think I read something about another one run with gears (seems like there would still be some kind of clutches in there somewhere). The cf one was on ebay for $499. Is that the best deal?
Auburn gear also makes some. I haven't heard much about that Eaton.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #44
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeller317 View Post
I appreciate everybodys input. Since my truck is just a daily driver I think I just need a LSD for the rear. That should help get up my driveway in the snow and stop that annoying spinning of the right rear in the rain.
sounds good
Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #45
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I've made this post 110x. Detroit trutrac LSD is the best mod on my Tacoma.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #46
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Thanks Jason.........................hey, I'm making a trip down to Orlando in 2011. How far are you from there? Any good wheelin?

I recomended this on the first page
I'm about two hours north of there. Hard Rock is about an hour an a half north west of Orlando. It's about the only place that's hard core around here. Funny enough that's where that pic was taken of Rhodehard's truck above.