Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Emergency brake light?

Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
TacoMike will become famous soon enough

Marines: Sgt, 2nd Marine Division
TacoMike's Tacoma Gallery
Emergency brake light?

I've always used my ebrake since I bought my truck. It's an '04. Lately my pull handle won't stay in all the way to make the switch and the light stays on. It seems as if the cable may be stretched a little. This is the only thing I could find. http://ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repair_M...br/pbl/ovi.pdf

Do I have to adjust the parking brake to get the slack out? The e brake works fine. Thanks for any help, Mike
Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
That would be the best thing. Look under the nehicle and make sure the cable is free from obstructions also.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:33 AM   #3

After doing some research I found out that I should be getting 12 to 18 clicks from the ebrake handle before it bottoms out. I'm getting around 35 clicks. I found out how to adjust it and am going to try that today.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMike View Post
After doing some research I found out that I should be getting 12 to 18 clicks from the ebrake handle before it bottoms out. I'm getting around 35 clicks. I found out how to adjust it and am going to try that today.
This is off a 96 - but it should be close. Hope it helps...
http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mecha...adjustment.htm
Old 05-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #5

[quote=Janster;97665]This is off a 96 - but it should be close. Hope it helps...
http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mecha...htm[/quote]

Thanks, that's were I got my info from. After spraying it down with wd-40 it was okay. I made an adjustment as well. Thanks, Mike