Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Disabled TPMS light on my 2008

Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Disabled TPMS light on my 2008

I saw this once before , so I just gave it a shot. So far it's working perfect... You'll need 1) Take off the air controller panel 2) Unplug them and sit it out of the way , locate the TPMS control , mine was RED on a 2008 model. 3) Unplug the wiring harness from the bottom and cut the BLUE wire , do not plug it back up. ( on 2007 and newer , you'll run this to a hot wire ,acourse with a fuse link , on the 2006 and older you'll run it to a ground). 4) reassemble and NO LIGHT!! I've heard that you really need to bring the 12 volts down to 5 volts , but mine is doing fine with the 12.
Attached Thumbnails
Disabled TPMS light on my 2008-005.jpg   Disabled TPMS light on my 2008-007.jpg   Disabled TPMS light on my 2008-008.jpg   Disabled TPMS light on my 2008-009.jpg   Disabled TPMS light on my 2008-010.jpg  

Old 05-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
another way, you could take your gauges out and unsolder that little LED..
Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I just keep air in my tires and it stays off.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I just keep air in my tires and it stays off.
Me too, except I have a bad sensor somewhere..............
Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
maybe your spare tire sensor. check it out. I know some older 2nd gens came with a 5th sensor.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I know you have 23K posts and all but have you checked the pressure in your spare?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's TRD View Post
maybe your spare tire sensor. check it out. I know some older 2nd gens came with a 5th sensor.
Quote:
I know you have 23K posts and all but have you checked the pressure in your spare?
My light doesn't blink. It's on solid...............
Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
My light doesn't blink. It's on solid...............
When I got a flat my light stayed solidly lit.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #9

Marines:
Quote:
When I got a flat my light stayed solidly lit.
Mine blinks when it is low.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I had to do something , I traded the 17" sport wheels for the 16" Off Road wheels and that activated my light. I was going to get it reset at the dealership , but oh yeah I forgot that my spare tire sensor will be different. So I did this instead of the black tape.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Mine blinks when it is low.
I see Tundra in your profile. Maybe the 2 trucks do something different.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #12

Marines:
Quote:
I think they are. The manual says "blinks = low tire" "on solid = visit your local stealership". I paraphrased a bit.

I confirmed this by installing a drywall screw into my tire (accidently). When the tire got low it blinked. When I filled it up, it went solid again. Needless to say, I know one tire has a good sensor.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #13

Marines:
Quote:
I have it backwards........it constantly blinks.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama trd View Post
I saw this once before , so I just gave it a shot. So far it's working perfect... You'll need 1) Take off the air controller panel 2) Unplug them and sit it out of the way , locate the TPMS control , mine was RED on a 2008 model. 3) Unplug the wiring harness from the bottom and cut the BLUE wire , do not plug it back up. ( on 2007 and newer , you'll run this to a hot wire ,acourse with a fuse link , on the 2006 and older you'll run it to a ground). 4) reassemble and NO LIGHT!! I've heard that you really need to bring the 12 volts down to 5 volts , but mine is doing fine with the 12.
Or you could just put air in your spare.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #15

Law Enforcement:
I have 16" off road wheels on the truck, and the 17" spare under the truck that came stock with the 17" sport wheels. TPMS light activates when you wheel sizes , so I disabled it.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Why does the red wire in the picture look cut too? Just to clarify, if I have an 08 so I can just cut the blue wire and the light is off..that's it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
If I was you,(and live in California) I'll check the laws and smog check.
With this idiots, one never knows.
Take care
vbibi
Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #18

Marines:
TPMS has nothing to do with smog.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Technology and other changes generally makes life better , but in the past10-20 years something has changed . idiots getting hit at a RXR crossing forced the trains to lay on the horn endlessy , perfectly visible stop signs got larger , incompetents in explorers didnt check their tire pressure so we have TPMS.

Technology is being mis-used to allow morons / idiots / and general F'ups to co-exist with everyone else. Now that may not be 100% true , but there is a LOT of truth to it.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #20
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS is quite the bitch. I had some noob tire guy damage two of my TPMS sensors right after I bought the truck. The light has been on ever since and apparently there isn't any straight forward way of disabling the system. If it wasn't for all the retards that don't know how to visually check their tires for air, none of us would have to worry about this crap.

Worthless IMO.