Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

missing airbag on/off switch

Old 03-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
HyTrojan is on a distinguished road
Location: South Louisiana, 2007 Tacoma reg. cab, auto, silver streak mica
HyTrojan's Tacoma Gallery
missing airbag on/off switch

Looks like I'm missing the on/off switch (place where the key inserts) for the pass. side airbag. I looked in the book & it shows I have one. I've looked at many pictures of the 2007 Tacoma, automatic trans, reg. cab... but all showed the key switch. I'm almost afraid to ride my kid. Any help you can give would be great as my dealer says I should have one.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #2

I think I searched all the forums, but I didn't find anything on this. Anyone?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
there should be weight sensors on your truck. i have an '05 and when my daughter is riding in front the airbag will not deploy because of her weight. that should apply to you too. not unless you want to bring it back to the dealer and have it checked out to where the location is?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I even googled for pictures of Tacoma interiors to see if there was a key switch. I was worried since all the pics I saw had them. I'm glad to hear yours is set up that way as well.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:23 PM   #5
jetqc is on a distinguished road
jetqc's Tacoma Gallery
i have 07 double-cab it's a weight sensor also.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
My o7 has a weight sensor also. its pretty cool.. I read all about it in the owners manual..
Old 03-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance
TACOMATruckin98 is on a distinguished road
TACOMATruckin98's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TACOMATruckin98
if it has a key turn-off, it should be pretty obvious up on the dash. All new cars have "smart air bags" which only deploy when a passenger is detected with a weight over, i believe, 80 pounds, atleast for toyota. Moms new 4runner only has the sensors. There should be some sort of display thing that tells you when it is on or off.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
It will say "Off" when it feels something in the seat that is below a certain poundage..
Old 06-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
robert is on a distinguished road
robert's Tacoma Gallery
I asked the same question on my 07 4 door, and the dealer said that the truck no longer come with a air bag on off switch because it was found that it was unsafe for a child to ride in the front seat of a truck or car in a child seat. you will find that most trucks do not come with the air bag on off switch any more.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I asked the same question on my 07 4 door, and the dealer said that the truck no longer come with a air bag on off switch because it was found that it was unsafe for a child to ride in the front seat of a truck or car in a child seat. you will find that most trucks do not come with the air bag on off switch any more.
The double cabs most definitely do not have the on/off switch, reasoning is the kid will fit in the back seats and there is absolutely no justifiable reason for a child to ride in the front seat of a doublecab.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
The double cabs most definitely do not have the on/off switch, reasoning is the kid will fit in the back seats and there is absolutely no justifiable reason for a child to ride in the front seat of a doublecab.
'07 Access Cabs Most definely have them. The logic for not in the D-Cab is sound but the original post had to do with a regular cab, and that should warrant an off switch or else you would not be able to safely carry a child. Maybe you are supposed to tie them down in the bed?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:06 AM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have an AccessCab, and I have the switch on the dash and the pressure sensor under the seat.

I would talk to your dealership about that. I would request to see other Regular Cabs to see if they are setup the same...
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I have a key switch and a pressure sensor as well.

Ted