1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SC & 7th injector help

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by rcroley, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Mar 10, 2007 at 11:03 AM
    rcroley

rcroley [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just got a supercharger and 7th inj. kit for my '01 3.4 Tacoma. The install went smooth until I realized I have misplaced the injector harness. Everything was already bolted together on both kits, (the injector is mounted and fuel line connected) I saved the wiring for last. I assumed that the SC kit would run independantly of the injector upgrade kit so I fired it up and took it for a spin. Kept it mild, never over 4Krpm, just a mile or two then back home, felt good. Went a few miles the next morning, felt even better, never over 2500rpm. Later when I got back in it and drove it the check engine light came on and it's pinging like heck with any rpm over 2500. Vacuum lines are ok, any suggestions? Back to the 7th injector harness: can anyone tell me what is the color-code for the plug? One more thing, the TRD install manual is unclear about the IAC check valve. I found the supliment in the back of the manual that somewhat clarifies which model needs it, the '01 does not but I already installed it. My valve wasn't marked like they mentioned in the manual so I assumed it was t allow flow to the throttlebody and not away from it (hope this makes sense). Does it need to be removed? Any tips would be appreciated.-Rhett

2. Mar 11, 2007 at 8:07 AM
    jwtrd34

jwtrd34 Member

Member:
    I dont know about the IAC, but I do know that you have to run AT LEAST 93 octane to keep the pinging down. TRD told me it is ok if it pings for a few seconds when you first hit the gas, but it should stop. The computer has to retard timing to comensate for pre-ignition. If yours keeps pinging then somthing is not right. The only thing I can assume with the IAC is you should take out that valve. You can also try a high quality octane booster too.

3. Mar 11, 2007 at 8:09 AM
    jwtrd34

jwtrd34 Member

Member:
    Oh and I forgot, did you use a different plug? TRD told me to run a Tundra V-8 plug. Hope this helps.

4. Mar 12, 2007 at 3:08 AM
    rcroley

rcroley [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the input. The truck is running much better now. I knew the ECU needed time to adjust and, just like they say in all the install articles, it took @100 miles to do it. Still have a check engine light on, may have to break down and take it to the dealer. The IAC valve was not needed for my model so I removed it. I know I need a cooler burning plug so I'll get on that. I still don't have the 7th inj. wired up. Does anyone know the colors of the two-wire plug on the injector? I have no plug, just the wires. I can make a plug but I need to know what wire goes to which side of the terminal (2). Thanks again.

5. Mar 12, 2007 at 11:32 AM
    jwtrd34

jwtrd34 Member

Member:
    It doesn't matter which way you put them. The injector is just a solenoid that should have 12v with the key on and the ground is switched on and off by the computer. Either way, it doesn't matter how they go because it is just a coil of wire that you power up. Congrats on the new S/C! They are a blast.

6. Mar 12, 2007 at 11:54 AM
    rcroley

rcroley [OP] New Member

Member:
    Of course, it's a two-wire 12v switch, I wasn't thinking. I'm still not quite there yet though; The missing harness has two plugs, they must share the +12v and have a seperate switch-leg(ground). I still can't tell which is the switch, I'm assuming it's either the black or black with brown stripe. The 12v wire will be easy enough to find if it's hot w/the ign. on(pink wire?) Anybody know for sure?

Products Discussed in

To Top