Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

turning key in door doesn't unlock

Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
DonBIII is on a distinguished road
DonBIII's Tacoma Gallery
turning key in door doesn't unlock

When I insert my key into the door lock on the driver's side, it won't unlock it so i have to unlock it from the passenger side or climb over. Is there any quick fix? how hard is it to remove the door panels and do they go back on easy? I can probably take the door panels off and figure a way to jimmy it.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
You might be able to just pop the inside door handle/lock assembly off. Not sure how it is on these trucks, but my Corolla has 1 rod running from the handle. That one releases the door. On my Tercel (similar lock/handle setup) there were 2 rods. One for the door release and one for the lock. Check to make sure those are connected and go from there.

I haven't had the door panels off on the truck yet, so I'm not sure how that goes. Probably some plastic snaps and a few screws around the arm rest.