1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

turning key in door doesn't unlock

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by DonBIII, May 28, 2008.

1. May 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    DonBIII

DonBIII [OP] New Member

Member:
    Tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    96 4x4 2.7 DOHC
    K & N cool air induction system, cat back dual exahust with free flow muffler, crome brush guard, 3" suspension, 33x12.5" BFG AT/KO's.
    When I insert my key into the door lock on the driver's side, it won't unlock it so i have to unlock it from the passenger side or climb over. Is there any quick fix? how hard is it to remove the door panels and do they go back on easy? I can probably take the door panels off and figure a way to jimmy it.

2. May 28, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    You might be able to just pop the inside door handle/lock assembly off. Not sure how it is on these trucks, but my Corolla has 1 rod running from the handle. That one releases the door. On my Tercel (similar lock/handle setup) there were 2 rods. One for the door release and one for the lock. Check to make sure those are connected and go from there.

I haven't had the door panels off on the truck yet, so I'm not sure how that goes. Probably some plastic snaps and a few screws around the arm rest.

Products Discussed in

To Top