Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Dry Air Filter AME or aFe

Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
sormi is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Radio Repair
sormi's Tacoma Gallery
Dry Air Filter AME or aFe

Anyone have an idea which is the better? I also noticed that aFe has a OEM airfilter that costs more than their high flow filter.

Anyone install either filter on the 2.7L Taco? Can you post the part number of the one you bought?

Also is there a group buy going on right now for filters??

Thanks..
Old 05-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard only good things about AFE, and I have a Stage 2 intake and love it. It hasn't been on long enough to warrant a cleaning, but I can definitely tell a difference in pick up. The MPG gain was about .4 mpg, but for some reason I'm getting about 15-20 miles more per tank. An AFE drop in and a removed secondary filter would be the most bang for the buck.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I'm using the aFe Dry Pro S and like it so much that I might join the group buy so I have an extra one. If you're at all considering a filter upgrade the group buy is a fantastic deal.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
n4in is on a distinguished road

n4in's Tacoma Gallery
I have an aFe CAI kit FS for 2.7L if interested. $175+shipping like new.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
sormi is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Radio Repair
sormi's Tacoma Gallery
I got in on the group buy.. Thanks..