Notices

truck wont start!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
preston is on a distinguished road
Army: combat medic
Name: preston
preston's Tacoma Gallery
truck wont start!!!!!

I have a 2006 dc 4x4 and it wont start. When i put the key in the ignition the lights come on the horn works radio works. But when i turn the key to run everything stops working and nothing happens. Also, when i press the brake pedal all the power shuts off. PLEASE HELP ASAP
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
make sure your battery cables are tightly secured onto your battery.

my neg terminal wasnt tightned down all the way once and my truck wouldnt start
Old 06-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sounds like a dead battery or loose connection. If the battery terminals are all corroded then clean them.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
I have a 2006 dc 4x4 and it wont start. When i put the key in the ignition the lights come on the horn works radio works. But when i turn the key to run everything stops working and nothing happens. Also, when i press the brake pedal all the power shuts off. PLEASE HELP ASAP
sounds stupid but you have it in park or the clutch in right?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
preston's Tacoma Gallery
battery is fully charged and terminals and everything is good and i made sure to push the clutch all the way in and even tried using the clutch start cancel button.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
RckyMntns is on a distinguished road
RckyMntns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
battery is fully charged and terminals and everything is good and i made sure to push the clutch all the way in and even tried using the clutch start cancel button.
How do you tell the battery is fully charged? You need to take it to an auto parts store (jump start it) and have them do a load test on the battery. It can have have enough juice to turn the radio (ect) on, but still not be able to turn your starter over. All your symptoms point to dead battery or bad alternator.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #7
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMntns View Post
How do you tell the battery is fully charged? You need to take it to an auto parts store (jump start it) and have them do a load test on the battery. It can have have enough juice to turn the radio (ect) on, but still not be able to turn your starter over. All your symptoms point to dead battery or bad alternator.

+1, I'll vote for the battery
Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
preston's Tacoma Gallery
the anti theft light does stop flashing and how would i know if i had the security thing that disables the starter going to get battery tested now truck wont jump start either
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
disconnect the battery for a min or two and then plug back in and try again
Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 4-3 ADA BN Maintenance Control Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like there's not enough juice in the battery.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
preston's Tacoma Gallery
new battery worked thanks everyone for the help