Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Cup Holder Insert Removal

Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Ripplingh2o is on a distinguished road
Ripplingh2o's Tacoma Gallery
Cup Holder Insert Removal

I just purchased a 2010 Tacoma Access and am planning on installing
a brake controller in the front storage box of the floor console. I want to remove the cup holder insert (that holds the two black rubber cup holders) so I can have better access to the area where I want to mount the brake controller.

Could someone provide guidance on how I can safely (without breaking something) remove this cup holder insert? It seems to be locked in place by some plastic mounting tabs (or something). I don't want to force anything as I'm concerned about breaking one of these tabs or clips (if that's what is used).

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Cup Holder Insert Removal-061410.jpg  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
FirsTaco is a name known to allFirsTaco is a name known to allFirsTaco is a name known to allFirsTaco is a name known to allFirsTaco is a name known to allFirsTaco is a name known to all

Army: Military Police various units
Name: Jeff
FirsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
grab it and pull up it comes right out.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
pull it up from the front edge. aka the edge closest to the engine. the tabs wont break, just yank it.