LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Viair Compressor

Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
DonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Don
DonL's Tacoma Gallery
Viair Compressor

Anyone install a Viair 450 Continues Use Compressor Kit in their Taco. I have a '08 access cab and was wondering where would be the best place to install the tank and compressor? Any ideas? Thanks, Don
Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
compressor will fit under the hood, right above the front passenger wheel hump. there are two threaded holes on you can use to mount it. the holes are about a hand span down from the top of the engine bay, 8 inches or so apart from each other.

tank is 2.5 gallons? it will fit under the bed, sandwiched between the spare and the bed (on the side closer to the axle). if you search, there are pics of this setup.

i just installed the same setup myself and it fits perfectly in the locations i described. any questions post em up
Old 06-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
DonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to beholdDonL is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Boatswain's Mate
Name: Don
DonL's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Bigburrito, thanks. That's a big help. Is there enough air line in the kit to reach from the front to the rear? How does the unit run? are you satisified? How are the hookup instructions? Did you hook up directly to the battery with an inline fuse or go through the fuse block? Thanks again, Don
Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
there is just enough airline to go back-to-front twice. however, i opted out of the skinny tube that came with the kit and went with some heavier duty 3/8" line.

unit runs great. no issues whatsoever, its exactly what i anticipated.

the instructions are good enough, but they are more "suggestions" rather than instructions. you will probably need to make a trip to the hardware store at some point to pick up something that is missing. and i would highly recommend laying everything out and doing your own drawing before you start the actual install. also keep in mind exhaust pipe/header clearance. i had to reroute my exhaust in order to get my setup how i wanted it. one thing always leads to another.....

i hooked it up direct to the battery with the inline fuse. easy and it works.

good luck!