Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

HELP Changing drums and axles in rear assy for ABS in axle swap HELP

Old 06-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
bparham is on a distinguished road
bparham's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation HELP Changing drums and axles in rear assy for ABS in axle swap HELP

I have an 03 base taco and i am swapping in a 4x4 rear axle assy with 410 gearing. but the new axle doesnt have ABS while my stock rear axle assy does. Can I swap just the drums? or do I have to swap the drums and axle shafts? Or what do I do?

Is there a write up on this?

Thannks
Old 06-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bparham View Post
I have an 03 base taco and i am swapping in a 4x4 rear axle assy with 410 gearing. but the new axle doesnt have ABS while my stock rear axle assy does. Can I swap just the drums? or do I have to swap the drums and axle shafts? Or what do I do?

Is there a write up on this?

Thannks
I am pretty sure you need to swap axle shafts too. pretty much whole axle assembly that bolts to housing. I believe the abs axle shafts have larger flat area for a ABS ring. You may want to put new seals while you doing that.