Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

blown fuse and need help... no power windows, locks, or running/tail lights.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
ballen12434 is on a distinguished road
ballen12434's Tacoma Gallery
blown fuse and need help... no power windows, locks, or running/tail lights.

last night i was at the store and when i released my park brake, i heard a spark. i noticed smoke comeing out from under the dash and i got out to see what it was and there was a wire melted out from under my dash. it was a wire i spliced in and it had a nick in it an shorted out on the park brake. it was getting power from the "tail" fuse under the dash. i checked the fuse and its fine. and i also went on and checked every fuse i could find and all are fine. but my power windows, power locks, and running lights do not work. anybody have any suggestions about what to check or do to fix this problem?? thanks.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Fuse # 1 and #2 in the engine compartment may be NFG. They're big, 50 amp ones and don't actually look like a regular fuse. There bigger, They supply power to the other fuse panel. It's actually probably fuse #1 it supplies most of the power for the other fuse box.

If you have that many problems it's got to be those.

There numbered left to right #3 #2 #1 and the last position is probably empty.

Repeat after me...

"TyRaps are your friend..."