LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Camper Locks

Old 06-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
Camper Locks

I locked myself out of my camper today... I found out that any small key and a wiggle would make the lock budge. Is this wear and tear or a typical occurrence with camper locks (snugtop).
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
There's only like 3 tumblers so its not that surprising that it's easy to defeat if your lock has them set close together. I bet a paper-clip would defeat it as well.

I learned just how easy it is to get into a camper top after having a key break off in mine and having to break in. A little brute force is enough to snap the mechanism most off the time. Ever since I just don't lock mine and keep anything important in the cab.