LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Drive shaft Specs

Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Drive shaft Specs

So here is the deal. My carrier bearing went out yesterday. I had it towed to Toyota to make sure there wasn't anything else wrong, as far as possibly the pinion gear. Toyota called me back with a quote of just under $1600 for a new drive shaft. Pfff.
I called Tom Woods custom driveshafts and they said I need to get the dimensions of the stock one and center to center measurements of the bolts on the trans., and the 3rd member. I know there are quite a few member here that have them so I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I have an '06 4.0 Access Cab. No short bed.

Thanks for the help all. If I can give them the specs today they can have it to me by Thursday.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
you shouldnt need a whole new driveshaft if its just your carrier bearing that went bad