LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Back to the dealer!

Old 03-18-2007, 07:48 AM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Back to the dealer!

Gotta take my new 07 back to the dealer for service. Two issues already. At around 900 miles, it suddenly lost its power. I'm getting passed up by grandmas and 18 wheelers on the freeway...pretty sad. Second issue, which isn't major but just a concern, is I often feel a knock under the truck and it sounds like it's coming from the middle or rear. I believe it does it when it's shifting, but I haven't narrowed it down yet.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
If you mean electrical power and it came back on shortly thereafter, you may have an insecure battery terminal. Torque them up.

Re knock. Check the compartments under your rear seats. It could be your tie down cleats or something stored in there. Donít forget to check the two compartments in the bed, right above the wheel wells for any stored objects.

Let us know what you find.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
The engine lost its power I mean. Acceleration is crap now.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Check your spark plug wires. Make sure they are snug and secure at both ends.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Bob that is so unfortunate to hear about your taco. I have heard about shifting issues but never like this. where you have lost power, never heard of that. well i have have to research about this. eventhough i have an '05 it best to be well informed about this issue.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
it actually sounds like your tranny is slipping with is complety crazy because you have suck low miles on it well i hope the dealership can fix your issues g/l
Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
austin-TX-Taco is on a distinguished road
austin-TX-Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Knock coming from underneath and loss of power. Is it an automatic? That sounds like the torque converter. Have you checked your tranny fluid level?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #8
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-TX-Taco View Post
Knock coming from underneath and loss of power. Is it an automatic? That sounds like the torque converter. Have you checked your tranny fluid level?
I'll give that a check...the plug wires seemed fine, which themaster rec'd I check out. Yeah it's an automatic. I took it to the dealer today, and he drove it with me and said it seemed just fine. But he was gassing the pedal pretty hard. When I first bought it, I didn't need to gas it as much to get the same drive out of it. He also said the knock was from the tranny upshifting and was "normal".
Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #9
austin-TX-Taco is on a distinguished road
austin-TX-Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Just my opinion but no knock is normal, especially from the transmission. I wouldn't let them feed you that.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Which dealer in so cal are you dealing with?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #11
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Which dealer in so cal are you dealing with?
Toyota of Orange
Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Toyota of Orange
If they run you round too much take it to Tustin Toyota. My friend is the parts and service director there. They are also the number one service department in this region.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
kngharley is on a distinguished road

kngharley's Tacoma Gallery
TC, I bought my truck at the same dealership. Talk to a salesman named "Q" maybe he can help or put some fire under the service department for help.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #14
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
If they run you round too much take it to Tustin Toyota. My friend is the parts and service director there. They are also the number one service department in this region.
Good to know...I might take you up on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngharley View Post
TC, I bought my truck at the same dealership. Talk to a salesman named "Q" maybe he can help or put some fire under the service department for help.
Thanks for the tip, when I'm back in that area I'll hit him up.