Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

a/c problems only the far left is cooling

Old 06-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
btacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
btacoma's Tacoma Gallery
a/c problems only the far left is cooling

my a/c has been taking a while to cool, didnt bug me until the other day i had a friend in the truck and his side never got cool. the vent on the far left gets cool after a while but the other 3 stay warm and i leave the truck on the 2nd from the left will get cool but the the two only blow warm air. has this happened to anyone i thought it could be the freon but the left one gets cold. thanks

roger
Old 06-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
btacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
btacoma's Tacoma Gallery
anybody?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
check the back black plastic piece traveling the cold air to passenger side, see if its off.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
crjolliff is on a distinguished road
Name: CJ
crjolliff's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having the same problem as btacoma - only the far left is cooling.

lilgerber, do I need to remove the entire dash assembly to get to the "black plastic piece" or is there a quicker way to get to it?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you find the answer! I better check mine - My gal never complains but then again she is willing to go wheeling anywhere without complaining and I'm always hotter than she is - Maybe it is designed to only allow female passengers which is a nice design feature!

Otherwise if it is just a matter of thinking the 'left' is 'cooler' - That would be a political problem!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crjolliff View Post
I'm having the same problem as btacoma - only the far left is cooling.

lilgerber, do I need to remove the entire dash assembly to get to the "black plastic piece" or is there a quicker way to get to it?
Now the 'far left' - now that's a problem! I would trade my truck in if it was leaning 'far left!'
Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Now the 'far left' - now that's a problem! I would trade my truck in if it was leaning 'far left!'
If it was leaning far left it would only blow hot air up your ass, not out the vents
Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
How is the air velocity?

If you are having an air flow issue or are low on refrigerant, you might be freezing your evaporator. I would turn your A/C off and just run your blower on high. Pop the hood and see if you're getting a lot of drainage out of your condensate line (bottom of the firewall on the passenger side) after a few minutes.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #9
CanadianGuy is on a distinguished road

CanadianGuy's Tacoma Gallery
take it to the dealer and get them to check it out. mine had the same problem, cold air would come out of only a couple vents, the others were just blowing in warm air for outside. they have a test they do to check if it is broken...there is a tsb to fix it. mine was fixed under and i didnt pay anything