Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

spontaneous odometer rollback

Old 06-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
virginia28 is on a distinguished road
virginia28's Tacoma Gallery
spontaneous odometer rollback

'01 Tacoma X-tra cab V6.

Hello, I parked my truck for a week while on vacation. When I cranked her back up my odometer showed approx. 5,000 miles less than it did before.

I am unable to find any concrete explaination for this. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
On the wrong gauge? Trip 1 trip 2?
You remembered the wrong gauge ?
Would be odd if that happened though.
Stored in a chip, maybe a comic ray hit it.
Hopefully it don't spontaneously go the other way some day.

You have actually been missing for 5 years already. Check the date in the newspapers. Don't remember those lights in the sky ?
Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
virginia28 is on a distinguished road
virginia28's Tacoma Gallery
It has caused me to question my memory but nah... it's not either of the trip counters. I keep my mileage records each time I change the oil, and my last change I was at 151,177. I also remember it hitting 150,000 as I was driving cuz I looked down and saw the 4 nines. But now it reads 147,496

Everyone I've talked to hasn't heard of this either. Strange.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody stole yer truck and rolled it back before they parked it again. Sure it's your truck? Check the VIN number. Check the bill for the last oil change and verify it's mileage.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
SmootDog will become famous soon enoughSmootDog will become famous soon enough

SmootDog's Tacoma Gallery
You got kids???
Old 06-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
I heard of a few Ford Super Duty's doing this a couple of years back. No valid explanation then. Some though it was tied into the new CAN data bus structure of the new instrument cluster. Fords only answer was to replace the cluster.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
You have a truck that will never loose value due to mileage!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #11

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Man you win ! The most fuel efficient Tacoma on the planet !
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
fullback is on a distinguished road
fullback's Tacoma Gallery
just keep quiet about it and keep driving .... we will be invaded soon by I lluminaties they are sending strange singnals
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #14
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Extended warranty.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #15
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Extended warranty.
hahahahahahahaha
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #16
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
can i park my truck there
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Have you been partying a lot lately?