1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

T-SB 0305-08 Harsh Ride

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by charliedelta, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jul 11, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    charliedelta

charliedelta [OP] charliedelta

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD Sport Package
    Lojack
    Will Toyota replace the leaf springs even if they find nothing wrong with them? The reason why I'm asking the question is this bulletin addresses a harsh ride and suggests the leaf springs be replaced on 2009 Tacoma’s which I have. I've read more than once someone has taken their truck to the dealer only to be told they were not fixing the problem because the dealer checked it out and said there wasn't a problem. I think if Toyota released a service bulletin that means a problem exists and if someone takes their truck to the dealer then they should replace the leaf springs no questions asked. I’d appreciate some thoughts on the matter. Thanks :)

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    Good Luck, you might get it done. Be prepared to fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jul 11, 2010 at 1:04 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Have any problem lying? A sure way (worked for me) and I'm thinking others have their ways, If you have a tow package, tell them your buddy's truck (Ford Ranger or whatever comparable in size) broke down and you had to help him out. He had a trailer on that had two quads (short weight). You put the trailer on your truck and couldn't believe how much it sagged and you were very uncomfortable with the way the truck swayed and handled on the road/highway. It is so much of a safety concern to you and that you are disgusted that his Ranger pulled better with zero complaints than a Tacoma. PUSH THE SAFETY CONCERN. It doesn't have to hit the bump stops to be a problem. If you don't have a tow package, tell'm you hauled X amount of mulch for the house and you bought a truck for a truck use. If you wanted something with Corolla suspension, you would have bought a Corolla.

Easy squeezy cheesy.

4. Jul 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
  5. Jul 11, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    you actually don't have to fight or lie. They may, and will give you a hard time, but all you do is say the magic words, "Harsh Ride"......and they will do it if you meet all qualifications............and if you read anything, make sure you read post #394.

6. Jul 11, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I didn't have to lie or fight for my TSB. I specifically told them I've read online that the springs are weak and I plan on hauling mulch in it and I wanted the TSB. They never hesitated.... that dealership is awesome and they're 30 miles from me (I bought the truck there). My local dealer sucks and why I never bothered to call them first.

Depends on the dealer.

7. Jul 11, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    charliedelta

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    Lojack
    I bought my truck at Doxon Toyota in Auburn, WA. Does anyone have any intell about this dealer and the harsh ride TSB? Can any toyota dealer make this repair or do you have to go to the dealer you bought it from?

8. Jul 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    charliedelta

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    Lojack
    Disregard my last post. I found some information on Doxon Toyota and the leaf spring replacement. Sounds like I will have my work cut out for me. I took my truck to Doxon before for the transmission TSB and had to go back because they told me nothing was wrong the first time. Thanks for the help everyone. ;)

9. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    I searched 'Doxon' in the link I gave you ablove for dealers that have done the TSB and this is what I found>> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php?searchid=872637

sounds like those guys didn't have much problem. Tell the dealer about these two guys when you go. pm them and find out who they dealt with at the dealership.

p.s. you can have any dealer do it for you

Products Discussed in

To Top