1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OBA Set-up: Viair Constant Duty vs. Ultra Duty

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MJonesTrumpet, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Aug 16, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    So I've wanted to put in an OBA unit, and now have the funding to do so. I've been doing a lot of reseach and it seems Viair makes excelent ones. I've narrowed it down to the Constant Duty and Ultra Duty, reasons behind it is they are both 100% duty cycle at 100psi which I liked. My question basically comes down to there is only a $70 difference between them. The Ultra duty can go to 200psi and the Constant goes to $150. Is there any reason I shouldn't splurge the extra 70 bucks for the Ultra Duty? I mean, in all honestly I probably would be fine with the constant duty...but 70 dollars doesnt seem like that much if it works better? Do any of you have either of those set ups? do you have any feed back about them? Thanks a bunch!:D

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
  3. Aug 16, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
  4. Aug 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    I've got the 10008 kit. It will fill my 33's fairly fast. I have done 3 trucks in a row from around 22psi to 32/34psi and it did not overheat (was hot as hell though).

IMG_0993_7b08402750a7ff8ee164cb5c4c560186aa65d164.jpg

5. Aug 16, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    hmm good to know...thats the super duty model. I am looking to get a kit that only has one compressor. I'm going to install it in the space under the hood on the passenger side around the wheel well area. I believe your model does 100psi at 33% duty cycle...im trying to find one at 100, but its good to know your kit can do that without over heating. I guess, i can probably save 70 bucks and just get the constant duty kit...Its hose if 5 feet longer anyway. The ultra kit came with a lot of other parts/tools which would be nice, but I could probably buy them too...i dunno, i'll keep researching I guess!

6. Aug 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    I did some more research...and for the extra 70 bucks, im really leaning towards the ultra duty. I may not ever need the 200 psi...but if I did, it'd be nice to already have it. 400 bucks compaired to 470 really isnt that big of a deal, plus I have a 10% off coupon anyway. I think I'm going to pull the trigger for the ultra duty one (unless someone has reason to talk me out of it). Thanks for the help everyone!

7. Aug 16, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    Woot, I found a 15% off coupon in my email from autoanything. Got the Ultra Duty Viair OBA kit for 399.46 shipped. Will post pics when I get it all installed! ^_^

8. Mar 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    ShaLor

ShaLor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Doublecab TRD Off Road
    Custom mud flap removal from rock on trail :), Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Cobra 75 wx st CB install, 19 more D-Rings in the bed, Satoshi Grill, Fog Lamp on any time mod. Relentless Fab CB antenna hood mount, LED bed lights, Demello Hybrid Sliders, Undercover Tonneau Cover, Lighted 4x4 switch
    Hey there.
    Did you get it installed? I really would like to see what this thing looks like installed and where you put the compressor and tank.

Products Discussed in

To Top