1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cigarette Lighter Mod?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MPhipps, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Jul 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM
    MPhipps

MPhipps [OP] Member

Member:
    Has anyone replaced their cigarette lighter with a second power port?

Is it as simple as ordering a replacement power port from Toyota and swapping them out. I know you can just leave out the lighter and use it as a power port but I would like to have a covered port instead.

2. Jul 22, 2008 at 9:06 PM
    zombot

zombot Scavenger

Member:
    savannah
    Vehicle:
    08 white debadged panda
    bull bar and offroad lights, tool box and other minor storage mods
    can you just buy the snap down cover and base from a power port?
    are they not the same size? i'd have to go out and look.

3. Jul 23, 2008 at 9:12 AM
    nagelg

nagelg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    I think they are the same size, what works in one works in the other. The only difference is the little cap. ???

4. Jul 23, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    you canprobably buy the little plug in cap...may not look the same as the folding one on there now, but it would still do the job. to get it the way the other one is, you probably gotta buy that from toyota, and it probably aint gonna be cheap.

5. Jul 23, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Maybe go to a junk yard and find one totaled tacoma..... both are 12v so i think there is no problem on connections

6. Jul 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I did the mod about 3 months ago. Took about 15-20 minutes. I replaced the cig lighter with the power port with the cap. I ordered the parts on-line, think it was about $18. I'm at work so I don't have access to the part numbers or where I ordered it from. Do a search on cig lighter. I think that will pull up everything you need to know including how to swap it out.

7. Jul 23, 2008 at 3:53 PM
    MPhipps

MPhipps [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the info.
    If you come across those part numbers it would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, if there are any tips learned in your mod that would be helpful as well.

I will take photos during my conversion and post in this thread for others.

8. Jul 26, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    Sorry it took me so long to get bback with the info.
    Socket assy #85530-06010 $13.35
    Cover,pow #85535-0c010-b2 $7.03
    shipping $8.99

9. Jul 26, 2008 at 9:24 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    hit send by mistake.
    Total was $29.37
    I ordered the parts from Toyota of Dallas
    2610 Forest lane 75234
    parts(972)241-6665
    7am / 6:30 mon-fri. sat 7am / 6pm

Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top