1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

keyless entry 2011

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by AsianAnts, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mar 30, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts [OP] just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    ive searched the forums numerous times and tried the different methods... ive also tried the method that www.ekeylessremotes.com had out on their website.... problem is, on their website it goes up to 2010 only... the same instructions are here on the forums as well......

bottom line, it does not work for 2011... im in need of assistance!!! and i dont want to take it to the stealership to program a key and charge me an arm/leg....

help please... thanks in advance! (this is in regards to the remote.......for now..)

-AnT

2. Mar 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    Rainman998

Rainman998 Well-Known Member

Member:
    "The QC" AZ
    Vehicle:
    SEXY 2010 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Waiting for my sugar mama to hook it up
    I took mine to the dealership and they re-programmed both remotes for free and it took them a couple minutes. I'd call them

3. Mar 31, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    site does only go up to 2010.. however i cchecked all the numbers (FCC ID, IC, MEX) and they match the one that i have from the dealer.. I just got off the phone with ekeylessremotes (Dan) and he said there are 2 methods out there for toyota..... One that does the whole opening the door and closing it, and the other method is with the lock switch on the door handle... i havent found the lock switch method yet... i will call my dealer if i cant find it..

4. Mar 31, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    update:

went to my local hardware store that can cut and program chipped keys.... they were not able to program my key, but they cut it for me for free.... since im going to the stealership this saturday for them to test drive the harsh ride (i have motorcycle and been hauling some construction shiet and i feel the harshness) ill ask them to program and it hopefully for free.....

5. Mar 31, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    also forgot to mention, i tried to program the chipped key via the gas and brake pedal method: no success.

6. Apr 10, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    went to dealership yesterday to get some things done to the truck..... long story short, 2 more weekends, i have an appointment for the rear TSB.. they will program the key and remote for free.

7. Apr 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    dealership requested to keep my truck until tmr.. they ordered some sort of steering switch thing.. they couldnt program the chip key and remote that i bought... soo basically they gonna replace the switch and reprogram all my keys..

main purpose i brought the truck in was for the rear tsp... it was my appointment today for them to install..

8. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    here is an update:

I just got off the phone with the dealer and they were able to program
    the remote but not the key. They said that the key was incorrect and
    will not work. They advised that i return the key. I did mention that
    the key is a 2010 Tacoma key and that it is chipped. The dealer said
    simply, "Yeah, the 2011 is a special key and this one will not
    work. We would have to order one for you if you like. I would contact
    whoever you bought it from for a refund"......

i bought the chipped key and remote from ekeylessremote.. it was for 2010

9. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    vinnyvavoom

vinnyvavoom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2020 White SR5 4WD DC LB
    of course
    Damn, you would think it wouldn't be so hard.

10. Apr 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    AsianAnts

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Vehicle:
    i kno right!!? gosh! dealer wants to charge $99 for A KEY...........

A KEY!!!!! WTF

Products Discussed in

To Top