1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PO441 & PO455

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by EricGagne, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    Hey !!

2010 TRD OFF Road, 8 months old, only 11000km (about 6500 miles). I got the check engine and the slip light Tuesday when I started it after work. Plugged my ODBII device and found the two codes above.

I cleared the codes, removed and put back the gas cap. Today I got the lights and same 2 codes again.

I'm really not savvy in mechanic, is there anything else I can check myself or is this a case for the dealder ?

2. Apr 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    EricGagne

EricGagne [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Montreal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Literider Tonneau Cover, RAM Mount Laptop Support. Uniden CB RTT and awning with self-designed custom rack Dual battery system - National Luna solenoid and monitor, Columbia Overland dual battery tray, 2 Odyssey PC1200 12 circuits Fuse block with 80A macro fuse block "breaker" OME suspension Replaced passenger area with a flat platform for my ARB fridge and camping clothes. Tiregate HG series
    As I said, I did remove and put back the gas cap but the codes came back. The dealer isn't opened on week-ends and I need to go on a short trip so I guess all I can do for now is fill it up and see if the codes go away tomorrow or Sunday.

It did start only 2 days after filling up so I also tend to believe it's the gas cap, maybe taking it off and back on without refueling wasn't enough.

Products Discussed in

To Top