1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Injector plug plastice housing

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by yoTaco98, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sep 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    yoTaco98

yoTaco98 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yo
    VA
    Vehicle:
    1998 V6 Xtra-Cab Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    5100's Front and Rears, Toytec Eibach Coils, All Pro 3" Standard Leafs, BAMF BPV Bracket, ARMA Sprayed Bedliner, TGD Hunter Bull Bar, Blacked-out Headlights and Corners, Revtek 1" Diff Drop, Start Command Remote Start and Keyless Entry, Pioneer DEH-11E HU...
    Guys I need some help.

I'm in the process of replacing the valve cover gasket on the drivers side on my 98 V6.

The fuel injector harness runs along the left side of the engine and is housed in this plastic housing.

[​IMG]

About 40% of the housing was broken apart or cracked. And while attempting to move the harness to remove the valve cover, so much more broke off. So I removed the last of it that was hanging on by electrical tape.

The plastic has basically gotten 13 years of heat and is brittle to the touch.

Now I come to find out that Toyota doesn't sell the plastic casing by it's self. You have to buy it wire the harness which is $500.

Do I have any other alternatives to the plastic housing.

Is there a heat shield type tape that that I can wrap around this so its not damaged by the engine heat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
  3. Sep 7, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    yoTaco98

yoTaco98 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yo
    VA
    Vehicle:
    1998 V6 Xtra-Cab Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    5100's Front and Rears, Toytec Eibach Coils, All Pro 3" Standard Leafs, BAMF BPV Bracket, ARMA Sprayed Bedliner, TGD Hunter Bull Bar, Blacked-out Headlights and Corners, Revtek 1" Diff Drop, Start Command Remote Start and Keyless Entry, Pioneer DEH-11E HU...
    Do you think that ridged plastic tubing that they use on the other vehicles would work the same?

Im going try a junk yard this weekend.

4. Sep 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    As long as its roughly the same size and shape. I don't really think its matters as it doesn't clip anything

Products Discussed in

To Top